DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time it rains and I open the trunk I get water dripping from the sides of the backup light into the trunk. Anyone else experience this annoyance. I was going to try to block those gaps w/ some duct tape but I don’t want the water to stay in there. I wish it were leaking at the rubber seal. At least I could replace that.

-GB49

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I don't have a 1g, but had a similar problem with my Merc Mystique. Some kid pulled the rubber strip off my reflector bar. Water would run down and collect behind the reverse lights then dump into the trunk when I opened it.

So - I used some black closed cell foam tape from the hardware store across the top of the bar and it worked like a charm

·
Registered
50 Posts
the sun is your friend, it dries the accumalation out like a charm. you could always go with not opening your trunk though....

yes the water is a annoyance but it's not coming out in buckets so it'll be ok(provided you don't have electronics under it)

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Is it coming from the light assy, or between the trunk and light assy?

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Everytime. I don't think there is any way to stop it, so I just live with it. Even though I hardly ever open the trunk anyways.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Each end of the light assembly has a black plastic side. The water seems to drip from between those black plastics sides. I will have to look at it closer to see exactly how and where its coming from. Its not that much water but its enough to make things wet inside. Somtimes if I open the trunk 1/4 of the way the water will run out on the bumper, but not all of it, opening all the way drains it onto anything in the trunk.

-GB49

·
Registered
660 Posts
Same O Same O. Just deal with it also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts