DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My trunk leaks when we get a hard rain - the rubber gasket seal has a few little chunks out of it at the bottom near the latch area. Are there any known issues? Any hoses from the sunroof (which never is opened) or any other things to look at? Can I get a new gasket for the trunk or is there any patches?

2004 Concorde Limited 135,000 3.5l

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
so this problem is fixed?
No, the intrepid trunk seal apparently is not the same as the Concorde - and that I can not fine new or used. I am also not sure if that is even the cause of my problem. I get a little water in my trunk whenever it rains really hard. My folding bikes going in and out of the trunk have torn the bottom of the rubber gasket a little bit - maybe that has caused this leaking - but maybe not. Are there any drain hoses or other type things to check? Any advice on repairing my gasket seal? I can't find any - even used that aren't also torn. Are there universal gasket seals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Great advice - I will take a tape measure and some photos. I have a NAPA store in Bayonne NJ

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Ok - I did find a deal on the OEM weather seal and it is the same as the intrepid - but before I order that a YouTube video got me looking elsewhere - there was some guy who swore 90% of all trunk leaks are caused by the tail light seals failing with age - I checked and mine are bad on close inspection - so I am going to try adding RTV since I have some - or black silicone call. Anyone ever hear of this being an issue with our cars?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
only the threaded posts come through the back of ours
you undo 4? wingnuts and they pull out.
might have a little leak around the posts.
have to pull out the trunk trim and see if leaks through the openings.
Really - I better pull mine off and see what is what. Thanks very much!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

We had lots of rain and it was damp again - please see YouTube link above.

Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help. I have only found moisture while it was parked - I would have to check when I have been driving in the rain. There is no rust on the underside of this car - none whatsoever. My jeep on the other hand is a rust bucket.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks - I will start by pulling light andx adding new RTV seal.

Reactions: yevrah
1 - 9 of 9 Posts