DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know how to open a power trunk on a 1st gen intrepid when there is no power or trunk lock ,theres a spoiler on it that i want

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
crowbar?? :p

...seriously, that sounded sarchastic, but if it was me, i'd try one... its not like anybody is gonna care...

·
Banned
338 Posts
if the lock cylinder is missing and the hole is there, you might be able to reach in and grab the release mechanism w/ a finger and release it that way.

If not, 00r/t.mopar.muscle's idea of the battery jumper pack is pretty good.

AJ

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
sawzall

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
yes!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Probably no folding rear seats? I personally like the sawzall idea :p

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
big flatblade screwdriver and a hammer.. drive the screwdriver into the lock and turn

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yeah, 1st gens don't have folding rear seats. At least mine doesn't.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I agree but Im thinking this is a car in the junk yard and chances are the back seat is already gone as thats usually how it is near the yards by me

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
if you take the rear seats out now you have to deal with the frame. an x goes across the back of the seat for support since the first gens with out the rear werent made to not have the cross m ember. so you might need a littl ebit more time then just 5 mins

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
why is there no power. jumpstart it to get power then use the remote fob to pop the trunk. also if u cant go through the back seat its completly X off. otherwise u will have to jump the wires that go to the trunk release. Im not sure what color the wires r. i know the wires run under the carpet along the sill of the drivers side. If u can get the colors i would put voltage to it and maybe it will release the trunk. just a thought.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Code2medic said:
Why not just cawl thru the trunk from inside and pull the safety latch on the trunk
Because there isn't one, the whole saftey latch thing didn't come out until at least the 2nd gens.

If it's a a junk yard and the lock is gone you'll be able to just stick a screw driver in there and turn it. And honestly who knows if the power release is going to even work, the entire electrical system may be shot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts