DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys can you guys tell me how to wire a strobe light into the trunk like right below the latch hook thingy, i want it to flash towards the subs then it will look sweet, i want to put a switch in also, someone said i could run wire off my 4 guage amp wire and just ground that will that work? or will it not ? thanks a lot:confused:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That depends on where you want the switch. If you want it in the trunk, obviously 4ga is a bit overkill for a switch. You might want to get a power distribution box. Run your 4ga into one side of the box and then have the power wire for your strobe in the other side. Then make a ground. Run the wire from the grounding point to one prong on the switch. Then run the ground from your strobe to the other prong. That is the easiest way. You can do it vice versa too. With the switch inline with the power wire.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where could i buy a distribution box? would it have power from the battery run to the trunk and from there distribute it?

also where should and how should i mount my amp, i had it attached directly to the rear seats but it then fell off alot what should i build an amp rack out of? and where to attach it?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
You can get a power distribution box at any audio place. Run the main power from your battery to that. Then from the box to all your other stuff. I would suggest for you to mount your amp and the backside of your sub box.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Are you sure mounting to the back of the sub box is such a good idea? Wouldn't that cause excessive wear to the amp because of the vibration, not to mention putting holes in the box where the don't belong? Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I never said he had to use 4" wood screws that go half way into the box. :p Short ones will do. A little silicone on the screw will stop air from coming through.

I am sure amps can handle vibration. Most people mount their amps close to the subs, if not on the box.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys i mounted my amp to the back of the seats

it goes: metal backing of seats;3/4 mdf ; carpet; amp screwed in looks great - no wires or anything

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Cool, I'm glad you found something that works for ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts