DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone tried to brake into my car and bent the trunk locks keyhole on the outside, the key still fits in but wont turn. The interior button no longer works either.

What I'm needing to know is there anyway I can open this if that little latch on the inside is broken? What size bolt is that huge one on the inside of trunk to get the whole lock mechanism off aswell? The car is a first gen otherwise i would just climb in my trunk and pull on the little lever to pop the trunk.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i guess i shall go break the old trunk lid and buy a whole new mismatched one from the yard, only thing I can think of doing since I have no idea what size that damn bolt is

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 1G interior, but do the backseats fold down? or does it have any section of the backseat fold down to allow some access to the trunk interior?

The trunk should have a safety release latch from inside. Usually the cable is attached to a glow-in-the-dark piece of plastice. These were designed for cases when people (specially children) actually lock themselved inside the trunk.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the back seat off, they have these stupid barriers which maybe a very small kid could squeeze under the bottom triangle shapped hole. I drilled out the lower 1/4 piece of the lock and now it pops open with the button, and still latches down, but the key doesnt work still and it looks hideous so Im still gonna pull that off someday and replace just the keyhole part thats all torn up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts