DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i posted this in another forum but i guess i should christen the Eagle Vision Forum...this is basically just a front end modification i want to do, add a little fencing to the front, what i wanna try is cutting the middle bar on both side of the vent like structures to make fence more visible, not on a performance factor but on a looks factor, what do you guys think??

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
If you cut the plastic, you'll have a heck of a job using bondo or what not to smooth out the sides where it was obviously cut.

Could you perhaps take a head on shot with the fence stuff in there?

I'd possibly suggest using a smaller mesh myself. But that's just my tastes.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I like it... .

Smaller mesh maybe like EDF said, also paint the same
color as the car? BTW I love the Lisence plate;)

Si

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've got some black plastic mesh for sale. Easily bendable with some heat. Easily painted silver.

Thick black plastic with round holes. Approx 11x15 in size.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
How about something like this. It's rough, but it gives a good idea.

Again, the size of the mesh would be best taken with a larger pic, basically more of the rest of the grill, at different angles.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Si said:
BTW I love the Lisence plate;)

Si
thats not my actuall plate but yes, it has been ordered, hopefully it gets approved and i get it within the nxt week or 2

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EDF...good job on the photoshop, i see what your talkin about and i see what your saying about the smaller mesh, i actually made an exact insert out of the chicken wire so after class today i'll put it in completely and take a full shot of it

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Cool cool. I think it'll look good, but usually people go for a close mesh to avoid the chickenwire look, but hey that's awesome inexpensive stuff for modeling and doing concepts :D

I know it makes great mesh frames for certain art scultures, and hey, fence for a chicken coupe :)

I'm just not sure if I want people identifying it as chicken wire?

·
Registered
210 Posts
The way you have it now with the middle bar still intact is how I have it. It just isn't visible enough. If you end up doing it without the bar, post some pics!!! Good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i may do it, there is actually some time of bolts or clips on there so i can take em out, sand em down, maybe..maybe bondo then a nice paint job on it, would make it alot more visible, my friend things i should put a neon or some sort of light behing there to bring attention to the gate, nothin too bright but something , i just want the gate to be visible from the front, should look pretty good if i do it right

1 - 12 of 12 Posts