DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The title is self explanatory. Other than OEM what is available?

I know that I need a
  • Fuel Filter
  • Oil Filter & Oil (10w-30)
  • Air Filter
  • Spark Plugs

All of this is for a 1G 3.5L V6
:worky:

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
PCV Valve

Throttle Body cleaner (remove the TBs and clean them, also spray some WD40 on the inside after cleaning)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That will be done, and If you look @ the pictures, you will notice that my Oil filler cap broke a few years ago. When/If I go to the yard do I need one from a 1G 3.5 or will any LH cap work?

·
Registered
452 Posts
its attached to the manifold in the back close to the top, closest to the cabin you can see it in the picture with the hose attached to it quick to replace.

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?t=115516

this is how to seafoam your trep most of the guys on here do it so you shouldnt have to worry about putting in a cleaner causing problems its another thing that may help,

how many miles is on the TB/WP is important if you have over 70 or 80k then its about time for a change.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think that seafoam is going to help me. (but it may destroy the Catalytic Converter) The TB is more than the WP. I think the WP is ~20k and the TB ~40k miles. Can anyone recommend some good spark plugs?

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
I don't think that seafoam is going to help me. (but it may destroy the Catalytic Converter) The TB is more than the WP. I think the WP is ~20k and the TB ~40k miles. Can anyone recommend some good spark plugs?
dont belive everything posted by idiots,, ok?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you are saying that I can't hear/read something, find it useful, and then believe it?

I have done some digging, and I have Bosch Platinum Spark plugs currently. Any new suggestions?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,017 Posts
Bosch plugs? You're hurting already! LOL!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would use Copper plugs gaped to .35 that is what is recommended for that engine. Also if you can pick up just about any dodge oil filler cap for a dodge fairly cheap at any auto parts store that will fit

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If my dad brings home anything else, I'll say "you know these aren't the right kind for Intrepids?"

·
Registered
452 Posts
yea champion coppers is what the car was designed with as for the seafoam destroying the cat? with how many people on this site swear by it and use it i think it would be known if it caused problems. ive only ever heard one person claim that it did them wrong

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The fuel filter does not likely need to be changed. I have he'd these things on the road for 185K and never changed the filter.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eh, Why not, getting paid tomorrow, maybe I can stop by the Auto Parts store & pick up some SeaFoam. IDK first we need to figure out how we are going to get together with the people that are supposed to take the 35lbs of infant clothes out of my trunk!!!!! :wacko:

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Eh, Why not, getting paid tomorrow, maybe I can stop by the Auto Parts store & pick up some SeaFoam. IDK first we need to figure out how we are going to get together with the people that are supposed to take the 35lbs of infant clothes out of my trunk!!!!! :wacko:
Go to the store and buy a large plastic tub... Put clothes in tub.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to donate those clothes to charity if I have to. BUT WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE! I could always just put the clothes in the back of teh stupid chebby!!!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have successfully completed the first spark plug replacement of my life! I also replaced the oil cap, but that isn't really a major accomplishment. I'll let the pics do the talking:

(all of these plugs are in order, from cyl. 1-cyl. 6)

More to come later!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts