Weezer: Homemade best of collection
Flickerstick: Welcoming home the astronauts
Gorillaz: Gorillaz
Edwin Collins: Homemade best of collection
Roger Waters: Amused to Death

I love CD Burners and 90 minutes CD's :D

· Registered
130 Posts
I listen to mostly 80's metal/Rock bands, Van Halen, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, Poisen, Styx, Metallica, Kiss, Def Leopard. But I also like Contemporary Jazz Like David Sanborn, The Rippingtons, Pat Matheny. I also like listening to the local pop/top 40 radio station.
Either my hearing is going or my wife and kids just don't get it, we spend big bucks on our car stereo's so Its mandatory to PLAY IT LOUD!...cause they're always telling me to turn it down, I just say oh...bite me! he-he
Robin

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hair bands bring back good memories :) Def Leppard, Posion etc.. I got`em in my car CD rack :) Edwyn Collins.. I havent heard him for a while, I think I better go to audiogalaxy.com and do some CD burning ;)

· Registered
113 Posts
I like to listen to ..
rap/hip hop
r&b
alittle jazz

current cd's in rotation..
beanie seigal
jadakiss
biggie (best of biggie)
aliyah
jahiem
ginuwine
jagged edge
p.diddy
jill scott

· Registered
578 Posts
Robin and I have similar tastes. I am showing my age and my 15 year old hates the stuff (he likes cRap) ;) ;) :p
I listen to Fleetwood Mac, George Benson, Sergio Mendes, Styx, Steppenwolfe, Santana, British Invasion stuff from the 60s, Lou Rawls Candy Dulfer, Bowie, Curtis Mayfield, Spinners, etc, etc.
No classical, no C&W (twang, twang..my wife likes that stuff), no techno, new wave,, or cutsy NSICK, Bstrt Boyz and so on.

Okay, let her rip. I'm a big boy and can take the abuse from all of you. Go ahead..Make my day.

Danny
CapitalCity RT

· Registered
350 Posts
90 Minute CDS???? do u mean 80 min.??

· Registered
6,942 Posts
Hey Capital City RT...not bad bands at all. When I was growing up, I used to love Styx..I have their greatest hits CD lying around somewhere. I used to write music. I actually wrote a newer version to "Come Sail Away" many years ago...recorded it too...that's somewhere lost in my many piles of tapes also... :)

[ 04, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

· Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by 93Intrepid:
90 Minute CDS???? do u mean 80 min.??
Nope... 90 minute CDs, they are out there, but not all burners can write them. My new Plextor does a great job, my trusty old 2X Philips choked on them..

There are 99 minute cds out there too, but they are VERY hard to come by and only a handful of burners can handle them..

· Registered
18,091 Posts
Originally posted by gise1:
It seems I am surrounded by feminem(eminem) fans. I am a huge fan ICP and Twiztid. But i like all types of music, except for feminem, I hate him. In fact, I would by his stuff just to burn it.
The latest Eminem CD makes fun of ICP, but at the same time one of the latest of ICP's CD makes fun of Eminem. I own them both and find it funny as hell. I hear a good bit about the two of them, being that I pretty much live in their back yards. Oh, and let's not forget Kid Rock and Uncle Kracker! :)

· Registered
311,130 Posts
OK just updated my changer today (been a while), here's what's in there now:

1) Blink 182 - Enema of the State (I know it's pop-punk, but damn, it's still kick ass music)

2) Blink 182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket (Besides having a hilarious title, it's a kick as disc)

3) Limp Bizkit - Significant Other (I don't care if people say they sold out (most bands do when they sign a contract), they have some great songs)

4) Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish.... (A lot of people don't like this CD, but it's probably my favorite from them)

5) Staind - Dysfunction (A solid rock album. 'nuff said)

6) Staind - Break the Cycle (Better than their previous, one of the best CD's I've ever heard, go get it)

7) Disturbed - The Sickness (A local Chicago band...they kick ass!!)

8) Godsmack - Awake (Great album, I really like Godsmack, probably one of the only bands I want to see that I haven't yet)

9) Cold - 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage (this is another good rock album. Reguardless what you think of Fred Durst, he's found some other great bands: Cold, Staind, and the new one: Puddle of Mudd.)

10) Papa Roach - Infest (This is another of my favorites, just goes to show what happens when your parents screw you up.)

The last to are burned CD's with other tracks similar in style to the rest of the CD's in here.

As you might be able to tell, I love music (especially Rock), and that's why I buy so many CD's :D

[ August 04, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepid98 ]

· Registered
73 Posts
Randy
me and you would get along just fine!!!!
Staind, Brake the Cycle
Staind, Dysfunction
Lynkin Park
Perfect Circle
Tool -anything-
Creed -anything-
Papa Roach, Infestation
MORE TO COME

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.