DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was supposed to meet a WRX for a little race against my Mustang last night. He was a no show and this left my friend and I anxious for some racing.

While waiting my friend and I saw a van leave the parking lot raping the front tires. We were sitting in my friend's Taraus at the time.

The Taraus is a 3.0L 24.valve Duratec. I've seen them go 16.0 before.

We followed the van and got caught at a red. It was an older Dodge Caravan with a turbo and a manual trans. He had about 3 guys in it.

On the green we are wide open in the Ford. The van is sleeping and we could hear him about 2 cars back killing the tires and rowing his gears.

As fast as this van seems. He doesn't seem willing to get it on off the light.
Next red we let him get out a bit before we nail the Taraus.
It's a much tighter race. The Dodge is obviously making more power. His tires are squeeling and he is pulling ahead. His shift to 2nd is so slow we gain back our ground. He starts to close up the gap and slightly pull ahead.
He goes for 3rd and blows the shift. Good thing because this keep the speed of the race down. A little hit off the light is ok but any big speed races we like to take out of the city.

So at no point was he more than a car ahead but it was clear his machine was much quicker if he could launch and shift better.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Standard + Turbo caravan = Best Sleeper!! Those are as rare as the pope's ****. lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts