1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
nothin really...it would just be discouraging if you were the fella that programmed the search feature :) yah... turbos have been done a member named Turbo (catchy huh) boosted his 3.2 but has since removed it and swapped in a 3.5 HO and given up on the trep as a project. He sold the kit ...last i knew. I can't remember his name but a member with a 1st gen 3.3 turbo'd his as well. It's really just a matter of managing the fuel and having the piping fabbed up. Then it's a waiting game as to how long your transmission will last as they aren't designed to handle more than 300 horses. Turbo was dropping more than that on only 7 psi.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Archael said:
nothin really...it would just be discouraging if you were the fella that programmed the search feature :) yah... turbos have been done a member named Turbo (catchy huh) boosted his 3.2 but has since removed it and swapped in a 3.5 HO and given up on the trep as a project. He sold the kit ...last i knew. I can't remember his name but a member with a 1st gen 3.3 turbo'd his as well. It's really just a matter of managing the fuel and having the piping fabbed up. Then it's a waiting game as to how long your transmission will last as they aren't designed to handle more than 300 horses. Turbo was dropping more than that on only 7 psi.

wowwwwwww.... but i see.... onlt 300 huh... why would ya want more!! lol but yea.. thanks for the info! ; )

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
because more is never enough. Think about it...the R/T puts down 242...that leaves only58 more to acquire before you're at the manufacturers limit (not saying it won't hold more that's just all they will gaurantee it for) of those 58 you're getting only ~40 to the wheels...that's 300 crank hp not 300 wheel hp :(

·
Registered
531 Posts
Archael said:
because more is never enough. Think about it...the R/T puts down 242...that leaves only58 more to acquire before you're at the manufacturers limit (not saying it won't hold more that's just all they will gaurantee it for) of those 58 you're getting only ~40 to the wheels...that's 300 crank hp not 300 wheel hp :(
I think if you show up at your local dealer with a busted trans - and it won't take long - you'd get handed a very, very expensive repair estimate. No factory warranty or service contract is going to cover the repairs.

These are great cars but if you really want to go fast, get a RWD car with a V8, like a Mustang. Intrepids move very respectably but they weren't ever intended to be hot rodded. Even under standard horsepower you have to be considerate of the trans.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Lets not forget about this guy. this shows you you don't need a mustang to go fast. JUST A LOT OF WORK to do so. so yes its possible to do a turbo.but also isnt there a aftermarket trans out there for us? or some type of upgrade. i sdaw something before but can't find it now.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
yes there are aftermarket parts you can rebuild your transmission with or you can send it to Powerdemon and have them build one for you special.

omg...if you wanna fly get a plane c'mon why can't you just do what you want to do? i don't want a fast mustang or v8 or RWD...i want my intrepid and i want it faster! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don, Red Baron actually had an upgraded Powerdemon tranny and hit the high 13's without a turbo, supercharger OR NOS. These vehicles are capable, they just require more work because there is very little aftermarket support.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i see!!! well im mdding my trep tomorrow im putting on jet wing anyone wanna help? cuz i wanna fly by the end of the week lol.. thanks for all the info guys appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
hmmm...bummer oh well... they didn't do anything that you couldn't do yourself... they just offered it in a package ready to install.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Lisa_2000M said:
Don, Red Baron actually had an upgraded Powerdemon tranny and hit the high 13's without a turbo, supercharger OR NOS. These vehicles are capable, they just require more work because there is very little aftermarket support.
Don's best run was 14.61 in his M. He has since retired his car from racing.
He does have a Power Demon tranny in his M, but they (Power Demon) has since ceased to exist. So that option is gone.
:(
I was going to get a High Stall Torque Converter through them....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.