DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Jackfish again. Ive been looking into a way to do forced induction on the 'trep, thats when i stumbled across this website " http://ststurbo.com/ " I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or has heard about the concept of Remote Turbos.

·
Registered
452 Posts
it seems to me from anything ive read on the subject a turbo in our cars is quite a large task from electronics to even the engine being able to handle the extra power having said that i deff dont think its something that couldnt be done just something the avg joe mechanic cant do... if you have the means, knowledge and willpower to do it id say go for it

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
If you were to do a low pressure turbo (4 psi of boost or less) it would require augmentation of the fuel system. Which is where the Megasquirt would come into play. IMHO, 4psi would be a good kick in the pants though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The systems arent high boost. they can run up to 7psi i think it said. And this Megasquirt? Whats that? And why would i need it for the turbos to work? This is something im seriously considering doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts