DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.......my rear right turn signal along with my mirror turn signal has been intermittent for quite a while now, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. I assumed it was a bad connection where I spliced my turn signal wires in.......but today I ripped it apart and soldered them in good. DIDN'T fix the problem. So then I thought, oh, maybe the turn signal mirror wire is shorting somewhere......so I cut it thinking that the rear turn signal would work again......NO.

Why does the front signal work, but not the rear signal nor the turn signal mirror wire which is spliced by the driver's seat?

ANYONE?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
" Is there ANYONE OUT-THERE?"

Bad or intermittent ground...or corroded relay or fuse connections..or bulbs not contacting sockets good.
Maybe the turn signalswitch? naw, you said the front worked...what happens with the emergency flashers?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's so strange, because I can remove the rear bulb......but the side mirror still doesn't work......and I can cut the connection to the side mirror, but the rear bulb still doesn't work. Then later, everything will be working fine again.

With the 4-ways......sometimes all the bulbs work (6), and sometimes only 4 of them flash, but not the passenger mirror nor the passenger rear. With the 4-ways I don't get a fast flash like I do with the right turn signal when the rear bulb and mirror aren't working.

I can't understand why the front passenger side signal ALWAYS works, but the passenger rear AND the turn signal mirror (which is spliced in to the wires leading to the back of the car) go intermittent sometimes.

I can remove the bulbs......and they stay intermittent......so then I stop screwing with it.......later I drive the car, and everything works like it should? Aren't the front and rear signals controlled by the same circuit?

The only thing I can think is that maybe there's a loose connection before it gets to the spliced area......or shorting out before it gets to the spliced area?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright.....today it did it on the driver's side.......rear turn signal and turn signal mirror both weren't working (but the front signal was)........then 20 flashes later.....all of a sudden they started working.

WTF could be causing this? I thought the rear and front signal lights were controlled by the same circuit?

Whatever controls the flashing of the rear signal lights (both sides) is going bad on me for sure!

Rob

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the multifunction switch control the rear signals seperate from the front signals?

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
OK, got a chance to look through the wiring diagrams. From the battery ...

Fuse O and 9; combination flasher; turn signal/hazard switch; junction block then the circuit splits up on the back side of the junction block. Fronts go one direction through connector 10 (C10), rears go another through C6 (pins 10 & 11) - C6 is almost in the center of the back side of the junction block. From there the rears go to C313 (right) and C314 (left). C313 & C314 are the plugs near the tail lights in the trunk. So if you're having problems with both sides I'd look at the C6 connector first since the rear signals share that connection but don't share it with the front signals.

After checking the C6, hmmm, they both appear to get to the trunk down the driver's side of the harness and end up behind the driver's tail light where the C314 splits off. Maybe you're crimping the harness with something in the trunk (if they're grounding that would effect the mirrors too, right)? Or maybe somewhere under the driver's side sills? I guess it all depends on where you've been playing recently. ;)

Good luck ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts