DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 2004 Intrepid SE, and today the turn signals decided to stop working. What's happening is the light will go on, but the flashing does not. All 4 lights light up, so it's not the bulb, and I've checked Fuse 9 and it's good as well.

Reading the forums it sounds like the fix would be to replace the Flasher Relay. Is that correct? If so, any pics, how to's, diagrams, etc would be a big help.

Also, is the flasher four pronged? I've searched a few parts sites online, and there seems to be some inconsistencies out there.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,393 Posts
Check fuse 'O' in the PDC. It also supplies power to the combination flasher, and that's its only load, so there would be no other symptoms if that fuse blows.

Hopefully the flasher is not the problem. Most of the aftermarket replacements that are listed for our cars do not work correctly - might grab one next time you're in a salvage yard to have as a spare. I hope fuse O is the problem.

The flasher is 5 pin, but like I said, replacements that are supposed to be of the right type don't work (without special tricks).

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Since the search function on here sucks now unless you know very specifically what thread you are trying to look up, I found one of my old threads and pulled up this info regarding aftermarket flashers.

"When checking the lights to make sure they all work, the turn signals and hazards didn't. Turn signal fuse was good, hazard light fuse was blown. The culprit: somebody previously replaced the flasher with an EP-27 but didn't cut off the center pin. At least the fix was simple, but I'm not much of a contortionist so it was a bit of a pain to access the flasher."

I didn't have any function of the turn signals or hazards at all (whereas it sounds like yours come on but dont flash). With most aftermarket units, unless you cut the center pin, the hazard light fuse will blow. The down side is that by cutting that pin to make aftermarket flashers work, it will then only work with the key in the on position.

If by chance you need to replace the flasher module, then I figured this info would be relevant.

·
Premium Member
16,393 Posts
Also, unless you know the secret, it's impossible to remove the flasher to put the new one in its place. The flasher has a latching tab that slips into a slot. Insert a screwdriver into the slot to disengage the latch and pull the flasher out. Or just abandon the old flasher in place and zip tie the new one to some underdash wires.

The flasher is located in a metal panel hanging down underneath the dash, to the left of the brake pedal. The panel holds 10 or so electrical connectors plus the flasher. The flasher is black and is the part that is in the lower left corner of the panel. There's a single screw at top center of the panel - remove the screw to be able to move the panel around to make it easier to do things like stick the screwdriver in the flasher slot to unlatch it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts