DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard would it be to put lights on the side of the car that turn on when the turn signals are on. Kinda like cadilacs or lincoln's have, when the right or left turn signal is on a light will light up the curb. What would have to be done to do this if it is possible with a 95 Concorde.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have been pondering a similar mod since I cannot afford 300M special turn signal mirrors...all of the side marker/turn signal lamps and assemblies I have been looking at you would either have to cut out a hole to fit the housing of the light, or find the type that have the sticky adhesive backing...drill a hole to run the wires through whatever and or 2 small ones to run screws to hold it in place. Ebay has an assload of them. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
D76G12 said:
Seems like you'd have to tap into the signal circuit just before the flasher module ...
All you should have to do is tap the new blinker power wire into your current blinker power wire (making sure you don't tap into the parking light power wire). Yes?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
silver&gold said:
I have been pondering a similar mod since I cannot afford 300M special turn signal mirrors...all of the side marker/turn signal lamps and assemblies I have been looking at you would either have to cut out a hole to fit the housing of the light, or find the type that have the sticky adhesive backing...drill a hole to run the wires through whatever and or 2 small ones to run screws to hold it in place. Ebay has an assload of them. Good luck with your search.
No he is looking for a light(white) to stay on and light up the direction he is turning like Lincoln's and Caddy's do. No flashing.

I was thinking, as others are, to tap a relay for the light somewhere into the circuit before the flasher module.

The lighting is the hard part. All of my ideas utilize the 2nd gen foglights.

First, I started to design a hinge for my fog light which I would actuate somehow to tilt out and illuminate while turning. But then I thought how stupid it might look tilting out.

Second, I thought about cutting a hole in the housing on the inner side and just mounting another light that would shine through the lens toward the direction of the turn.

Third I thought about putting a reflector in the fog housing that I would actuate and deflect the light from the foglight to the side while turning and then return out of the way when done.

2 and 3 are the ones I am considering with 2 being the least complicated.

I don't thing any of these are feasible with the first gen foglights because of their location.

Now if you wanted to cut holes for your lights then it would be simple matter of picking the lights, finding a suitable location for the lights, and wiring in relays to control them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't our Canadian members have this on their cars. i thought I had seen side markers on some of their cars? Can anyone confirm this fromt the Great White North? If so, maybe these can be ordered. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
JoeKD said:
fogs seem to be a bit of overkill, the ones on my old Taurus were just 3157 clear bulbs
What is going to be the light source ?

I don't think you can get any light from the headlight cluster to go out to the side.
I am not willing to cut a hole for another light(unless it is a perfect flush or low profile fit).

So that leaves some sort of fog light modification for me

·
Registered
347 Posts
Third I thought about putting a reflector in the fog housing that I would actuate and deflect the light from the foglight to the side while turning and then return out of the way when done.
Another option (which could be very complicated) is to actually mount the foglamps on actuators that follow the movement of the steering wheel. A bit too far-fetched though huh? :)

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
The extra light in the side of the fogs sound like a workable idea. The question is, "Is there room that direction to do that?" It's been well over a year since I had mine off so I can't remember. But I think Joe is right - a simple back-up bulb/socket out of an older car should work fine - if it'll fit ...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea that is what I was thinking is just cutting a hole in the bumper and wiring a light into the turn signal circuit before the relay.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
popimp said:
yea that is what I was thinking is just cutting a hole in the bumper and wiring a light into the turn signal circuit before the relay.
Well then it's just a simple matter of picking the light and wiring it in. Just pick one with a lip or trim ring so that there's no body work other than cutting a hole involved.

Good luck and post pics!!!!!
:smilie_co

1 - 14 of 14 Posts