DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cut the lenses out of my fog light housing to let more light thru from my PIAA 1100's (and OMG they put out a lot of light now). Why? I have headlight covers, and I would like to make them completely black as in not see-thru at all (I like black). If I do this, I would have to relocate my turn signals. Attached is my idea. The question is, would this be

1. Legal?
  2. Visible from both the front and side? (I think so)
  3. Visible at night with the lights in the center?
    [/list=1]

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
man, there is no way you put that up today, I was thinking of doing that myself, I saw it where turn signals were on some SUV, they were down there, I thought it would look sweet on the trep, and it would be legal.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I want a black car bad. :p

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
That's where the turn signals are on the first Pontiac Sunfire GT's that were put out a couple years ago. (before they did a restyle)

If they have it, it must be legal.

In this picture (it's black and white...sorry) you can see the lights that look like driving lights but are actually the turn signals.

·
Registered
217 Posts
But on that sunfire it also has the side turn signals right in front of the tire, and I'm sure the SUV (like the expedition) has turn signals in the bumper for the front, but also has the turn signal up by the headlight for the side.

Not sure what the law requires for side visibility, but my guess is that if you stand by your side view mirrior and about a foot from the car, you should be able to see the turn signal, which I doubt you could in the trep.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Very true...you could just get one of those side blinkers found on the European spec 300M or any Volkswagen. They are only about $25.00 a set for aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could get those, but that would take away from the "all black" concept. HOWEVER, if I got the turn signal mirrors from the 300M special...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I think that is a cool idea madtxn. I say go for it, that second pic looks sweet.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yes

Oh I will, but there are two things standing in my way.

1. My fog lights are very bright, and would shine through the ring of yellow/amber. I don't know if the turn signal will show up with the fog lights on.
  2. $$$$$ MONEY $$$$$
    [/list=1]

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I won't be replacing the fog lights. They will still be there. The turn signals would be a ring around the fog lights. That is why I'm concerned if they will be visible at night.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
MadTxn said:
I won't be replacing the fog lights. They will still be there. The turn signals would be a ring around the fog lights. That is why I'm concerned if they will be visible at night.
Kinda like the new Beemers have with their headlights and parking lights? Very Cool.:wink:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Man, if you get this done followed by: tailight tint, window tint, and motorsport wheels, you will have about as much black as you can handle. Personally, I think that would look tight if you did all that.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well...
  • Taillight tint: Done
  • Window tint: done, but I think I want to switch to mirror tint. I'm waiting on finding out the legality and $$$
  • Motorsport wheels: I decided against those. I want something with smaler spokes. Still black tho. ;)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Concerning your turn signal shinanigans, couldn't you somehow hook it up so that your foglights would turn off when your turn signal turned on? I'm not sure you'd like the idea, but that's all it is - an idea.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Mirror tint, although sweet as hell, is illegal almost everywhere. If not in the books, cops will still give you the shaft any chance they get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts