DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I am almost positive that the guy that sold me the SHO did it to that for white. Worked great. After a few days though the not so white spots started to show up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have indeed used it quite a few times at work. it even comes with a handy dandy "chipstik" to help cover up some of the deeper scratches. although i can't really attest as to how long this wax lasts, it sure does look damn good when you finish it. color cure black wax by turtle wax is good stuff for black cars. let me know if i can be of any more assistance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Recently I picked up (at a $1.00 store) a container of Silver/Gray color Turtle Wax. It applies easily and appears to disguise light surface scratches and abrasions. I say "disguise" because if you look at the scratch at a sharp angle clearly it's still there. It's not bad for what it is at least on metallic silver.

When I entered my bike at shows I'd cover the "swirl marks/scratches" with ordinary furniture polish using an old white cotton sock. Just spray it on and wipe off, you won't break a sweat and the results are amazing. Just be sure to use clean cloths.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I used colour cure by Turtle Wax (silver) for the past two years. One of the best waxes I have ever used. easy to apply, easy to remove, shines great, and lasts.

But, I have not seen it up here in Canada this year and I am running out.

·
Registered
646 Posts
the reason it "covers" up the scratches is because it adds reflections to the panel so you cant clearly focus on the scratches. Cheap trick, and lame, if you care that much about scratches either get it detailed or polish them out yourself, THEN wax for the best results.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Long story short, color waxes are USELESS. There's a reason professional detailers and top brand manufacturers DON'T use or sell this ****.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts