DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys got my comp. set put in the front doors (6-1/2" in 5-1/4 spot done with a little cutting :) I need to know where and how you guys put your tweeters in/at. the tweeters are 1" i think but none the less where did you guys put yours, thanks a lot

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
There is a guy on cardomain who had a good idea. He took a hole cutter and cut a hole that the tweeters would mount in like an inch past the door handles. It looked really nice.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I've heard of people mounting tweeters on the back side of the rear view mirror pointing towards the windshield. The theory is that the sound waves will hit the windshield and refract back and disperse throughout the compartment. I'm not sure how well that would work, especially with the rake of our windshields.

I've also heard of people mounting tweets behind the air vents. Of course if this were done, you'd loose the functionality of the two choosen air vents.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had tweeters mounted on my rearview mirror in my Nissan pickup. They did work pretty well like Warlord described but I did have them on a potientieometer (?sp) (seperate volume control) along with a 5-1/4" as a center channel. I think if you had a nice set of kick panels custom made for them, you'd probably like that better.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Tweeters should be aimed right at you. When high frequencies hit soft surfaces they get absorbed, which is why it's not good to have them near the floor. And when they they hit hard surfaces they scatter and cause the highs to be distorted.

The side window locations are good if you can build a custom housing for them. And don't forget to get crossovers regardless of where you put them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You could get some flush mount swivel tweeters and mount them on the panel behind the side mirrors. Then point the tweeters toward you.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
gise1 said:
You could get some flush mount swivel tweeters and mount them on the panel behind the side mirrors. Then point the tweeters toward you.
That's what I did.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Yes that is a very good stock location. I should have a pic up soon of where I mounted mine.(Damn not having my own digital camera :p)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok should i mount them like 4 inches away from the factory spot, like you could say to the north east of where the stock location of the 5-1/4 is rough picture ;)
TWEETER-------> O

MIDRANGE------> ****

·
Registered
1 Posts
2loud4u

I have my tweets in the pillars pointing to the middle of the windshield, and they sound great. It drags up the sound stage and shoves it way out in front of you. I just took third in my class at an IASCA event. She complemented me on the soundstage hight and depth.
P.S. It was my first show

1 - 12 of 12 Posts