DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not big on stereos, that is....I don't know a heck of a lot. Anyways, I just have the base 4 speaker factory stereo. I was thinking of putting a small domed tweeter in each front door up behind where the side view mirrors are.....kinda like the factory option. For those that have the factory option (infinity?) are those what those small speakers are? Now by my understanding, tweeters produce more of the high range frequencies, correct? The reason I want to put them there is because when i am driving with the front windows down, the lower door speakers kinda get drowned out.... would these tweeters make a difference?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The sail speakers are actually full range speakers not tweeters. From my understanding if you want to install tweeters they should be closer to your regular door speakers for better sound.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i put tweeters there in my 97 intrepid and i'm rather satisfied with their sound. they put the high pitch sounds up high, so it's easier to hear the voices regardless of other conditions. and i mean high as in up by the mirror and not down by the other speakers. just decide whether you want soft or hard tweeters and then you can just test it out to see what sound you like. just to a temp wiring hookup and tape it to the door or something(?) to see how you like it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
wiring

so, if one were to get sail speakers at a pick-n-pull, how would one go about wiring them in?

·
Registered
81 Posts
i recommend ripping out the 3.5" speakers in the top of ur dash under the windshield and putting tweeters there, i've got one on each side along with a crossover for each and it works nicely =p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts