DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Use a hole saw, and cut out the rite size in your sail cover thingys...that's what i did. looks and sounds great!

here is what mine looks like, you can't see it too well, but you get the idea!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
the crossovers are down in the door pannel, behind the bottom part that kinda looks like carpet, its hollow in there, and they are just laying in there.
yes I had to take the door pannel off, but that is not hard at all!
let me know if you need any more help,
Andrei

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
yea, it's pretty easy, i did mine in Circuit City's parking lot because i knew a guy that worked there, and he sat out there with me incase i needed help, but i figured it out, you should have no problems doing it...one word of advice tho, use double sided tape to stick the crossovers on the back of the pannels, becuase if not, they sometimes rattle, and piss you off!
good luck,
Andrei

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
right now they are powered off of my RB1 Navigation,souds good, but once i redo my system, they will get power from an Alpine 4 channel amp...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Well thats one way to do it. I found it easier to splice into the OEM wiring, assuming you already have the infinity system. As for mounting them, i made a custom plate out of thin mdf for mine. Details in my sig thread.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I plan on a similar setup when I purchase my new tweeters. Isn't there just a way to keep them inside the stock sails and attach them to the back plastic part where the screws are? Does it have to be on the outside? I'd like to get an idea before I start hacking at things lol.

Josiah

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Yah, if you have the sail-mounted **full-range** speakers (that's what they are) they have their own wiring pair back to the factory Infinity amp. No need to put a crossover into the door. You can put your crossovers where the factory amp is and use the factory wiring.

Oh, and the 'double-sided-tape' you should use for mounting is the 3M all-weather heavy duty foam-tape. It's the stuff with the red plastic backing, pretty inexpensive at Home Depot. Anything 'less' will come off in short order, the heavy duty stuff is water and weather proof and very strong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts