DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said I have two of them now. Nine days after buying the second one, an elderly woman plowed into my daughter from the side. It is sitting at the body shop at the moment, and I'm hoping to get an appraisal tomorrow. I believe it is fixable (at a price the insurance company is willing to pay).

On a related note - I must be doing something wrong, or I'm lucky. I pay to have the coolant and the transmission fluid changed every couple of years, change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles, and my first Intrepid has 123K miles on it without having been in the shop yet except to add some coolant to the A/C system. I tell people they can't go wrong with an Intrepid as long as they get either the 3.2 or the 3.5.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

The latest: it looks as though it will cost about $4000 to fix the damage to my daughter's 2002 ES, and the insurance company will pay it. But it is likely to take 3-4 weeks to get the work done. In the meantime, my daughter will be driving my 2000 ES and I'll be driving a rental Ford Taurus. Ouch.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
hey a 2002 ES, nothing wrong with one of those! :D
good to hear it will be fixed
any pics of your two beauties??
there truly isnt anything like a nice looking ES!!!

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
What about a nice 1st gen :) lol.

I want to see pictures of both cars as well.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pictures

As soon as I get the new one back from the shop (23 days, the shop tells me) I'll post pictures. I just didn't get around to taking any in the nine days we had the car before the old woman plowed into it. By the way: total estimate for repairs is a tad over $5K, but I expect that our insurance company (USAA - they're the best) will get that back from hers (State Farm).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts