DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading over to a friend's house around 2am after work Tuesday(Technically Wednesday) morning. We decided to have a small race between him and I since we're both always talking ****. He has a basic basic 2006 Cobalt. We did two runs. The first run at a red, I only had time to rev up to about 1200 before the light turned green. I beat him off the line after a little tire squeel and kept pulling until a car pulled in front of me, where I then began to slow down and not cut him off as to not kill either one of us. Finding another light, we agreed to stop at 60 because 1. Its getting to the end of the month and the cops here are total assholes. 2. Its not very smart to be going too fast around neighborhoods. Simply precaution. Anyway, this time I was able to rev to about 1500. Light turns green, I get off the line first and keep pulling until I hit 60 first.

Around 6pm Friday(yesterday), I pull up to a red with my windows down, music up and just in a good mood. As I was pulling up to the light I see a red 97 98ish Mustang with a dual exhaust, black racing stripes and a non-factory wing which wasn't huge or too ugly. The light turns green and at this point I don't think either of us thinks we're racing. Come second gear, neither one of us wants to let each other pull ahead even though she nor I planned on changing lanes. Nose to nose, I noticed her shift pretty hard into 3rd, which is where I decided to go along, punched the gas and took off. We came up side by side at the next light with traffic ahead, so we waved to each other, smiled and went on our own way.

Both of these times, I didn't use the Autostick. I know I could have been faster if I would have, but it wasn't necessary. =) Two kills, two tons of fun. Neither of these races ended with someone feeling bad or turning into an asshole so it was good.

*Edit* The Mustang was a V6. I don't know if she had any mods other than the dual exhaust. The Cobalt is also bone stock. The only "mod" I have is a K&N drop-in which I don't really consider a mod.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Two girls street racing. That's something I can safely say I've never seen before.

A strong drag race ending at a respectable speed. I admire that and adhere to it. :bowdown:

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
No, it was a serious question. I don't know if they did or not, I just don't recall ever seeing anyone with a 300m with a 2.7 or something other than 3.5.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
smc1377 said:
Did the 300M ever come with any other engine other than the 3.5?
3.5 only in the US. Overseas they could get the 2.7.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Most of the people who want to race me are girls (I think 'cuz most of the guys know they don't stand a chance in their riced up Civic's)

Last real race I had was a girl who put her V6 Alero into neutral, and revved the engine at me in my Laser at a stop light in a double left hand turn lane.

......of course, we all know how that race turned out ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I knew i'd beat the Cobalt. It was more of a way to get my friend to stop talking trash. The Mustang was very impulsive. I don't race very often, but it would seem so far what I have raced i've beaten.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Before I got down to the edit, I was thinkin' :bsflag: "AAAHHH!!! BUUULLSHITT!", but even then, the mustang v8s from that generation aren't terribly fast.
I've run with a v6 mustang in my '94 once...this dude had it all riced out, it was sooooo funny!!! killed that one :bandit:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts