DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.canada.com/fortstjohn/story.html?id=d949a15a-3694-451a-88d5-33043a5c761b

I hope they order gold or silver Pacificas. If they go with the greens, my car will start to look like military surplus :)

Also, I hope that they do keep the use of these vehicles on-base and dont deploy them on hot zones. The Chrysler minivans and Pacificas are made of tin foil compared to the humvees that they are planning to replace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Yeah, but they will be heavy duty, "bullet-proof" T&Cs. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
I'll sell them mine for the right price. If they pay $400. for a toilet seat, then I want $30,000. for my van. Or just give me Bluebook + never having to pay taxes ever again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
DesertCruiser said:
http://www.canada.com/fortstjohn/story.html?id=d949a15a-3694-451a-88d5-33043a5c761b

I hope they order gold or silver Pacificas. If they go with the greens, my car will start to look like military surplus :)

Also, I hope that they do keep the use of these vehicles on-base and dont deploy them on hot zones. The Chrysler minivans and Pacificas are made of tin foil compared to the humvees that they are planning to replace.
These are probably for recruiting offices and administration offices like the Pentagon. They'll most likely never leave the country, or a paved road, for that matter.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChicagoTRS

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
RapidTransit said:
These are probably for recruiting offices and administration offices like the Pentagon. They'll most likely never leave the country, or a paved road, for that matter.
They need something to move the new recruites around. Well that accounts for 5 of them, wonder what the rest are for?


The Military got a sweet deal on them(just over cost price). DC is trying to get some of that military fleet business back. Years ago they had a good chunk of it with the full size vans and pickups. Lately they have been getting very little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,893 Posts
It is believed the light gasoline-powered vehicles will replace the diesel-powered Humvees in use as light personnel carriers on U.S. bases around the world to reduce fuel consumption.

The U.S. military has been increasingly concerned about fuel consumption in recent years, and its commanders have complained publicly that the diesel-guzzling Humvee is extremely inefficient in non-combat use to ferry a few soldiers at a time around base.

Ten thousand of the minivans -- all gold-coloured -- will be built at the Chrysler Group's St. Louis assembly plant, 9,000 at the Windsor plant. Windsor is the sole source of the Pacifica, so its employees get to fill the lion's share of the order, 14,000 vehicles.
 

·
Mopar or No Car
Joined
·
7,870 Posts
RapidTransit said:
These are probably for recruiting offices and administration offices like the Pentagon. They'll most likely never leave the country, or a paved road, for that matter.
From the article

"... for use as light-duty vehicles in the U.S., Iraq and elsewhere in the world."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,994 Posts
Did anyone catch the line:

The U.S. military has been increasingly concerned about fuel consumption in recent years, and its commanders have complained publicly that the diesel-guzzling Humvee is extremely inefficient in non-combat use to ferry a few soldiers at a time around base.
These aren't even going into the battlefeild! In all reality it's worthless to drive from one end of the base to the other in a Humvee, okay Humvees are worthless to drive around town also even in the US.


Oh BTW, notice how these aren't GM or Ford vans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,893 Posts
dakotaquadsport said:
Did anyone catch the line:



These aren't even going into the battlefeild! In all reality it's worthless to drive from one end of the base to the other in a Humvee, okay Humvees are worthless to drive around town also even in the US.


Oh BTW, notice how these aren't GM or Ford vans.
The T&C and Pacifica have DVD ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
I feel sorry for the poor soldier who gets lost and ends up in a hot zone driving his minivan. Can you say "kiss your ass good-bye". Well maybe not. The Iraqi freedom fighters might be laughing too hard to fire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,207 Posts
That may be true. But give me a RPG and i will turn the TC or the Humvee into pile of junk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
dakotaquadsport said:
Did anyone catch the line:



These aren't even going into the battlefeild! In all reality it's worthless to drive from one end of the base to the other in a Humvee, okay Humvees are worthless to drive around town also even in the US.


Oh BTW, notice how these aren't GM or Ford vans.
uhh yeah because the military is already using GM'S HUMMERS

dolt
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top