DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Hello everybody. My name is Ryan and I recently picked up a 97 intrepid from a family friend. It was her grandmother`s car and she recently passed so she offered it to us. I gladly accepted it, hoping for a first car. Well, the lady who gave it to us thought it had a blown motor. :boid: So yesterday I went to try and jumpstart it, and the alarm starts going off as soon as i hook up the negative cable. I do not have the keyfob for the car, or even the key for the trunk. I joined up here to hopefully find somebody who can guide me in the right direction for fixing the problems.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Welcome to the site, I dont know how to solve that one, but if you use the search button at the top and search that will give you somthing to do, until everyone else gets outta bed and on here to tell you how to fix it. Congrats on the new car and hopefully you stick around here a LONG LONG LONG time.

Do you have any pictures of your car?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome! You've joined one of the best reference sites for Dodge Intrepids. If anyone can help you out, it's the lurkers and dwellers of this forum. Good luck and congrats on the first car - good choice for one I must say.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
97IntrepidKid said:
So yesterday I went to try and jumpstart it, and the alarm starts going off as soon as i hook up the negative cable. I do not have the keyfob for the car, or even the key for the trunk. I joined up here to hopefully find somebody who can guide me in the right direction for fixing the problems.
1st off, welcome to the site.

2nd do you have the ignition key? , if you do then that is the same key for the trunk...also the key when turned into the door lock to the unlock position will dissable the alarm. :fun_08:

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
uhhh what am i doing here? :bouncgrin :icon_roll :brutal_43

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome! You've definitely found the greatest Dodge Intrepid info site on the web. Have fun and enjoy!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Welcome to the site! :)

(trying to get my post count up)

·
Registered
76 Posts
97IntrepidKid said:
Well Hello everybody. My name is Ryan and I recently picked up a 97 intrepid from a family friend. It was her grandmother`s car and she recently passed so she offered it to us. I gladly accepted it, hoping for a first car. Well, the lady who gave it to us thought it had a blown motor. :boid: So yesterday I went to try and jumpstart it, and the alarm starts going off as soon as i hook up the negative cable. I do not have the keyfob for the car, or even the key for the trunk. I joined up here to hopefully find somebody who can guide me in the right direction for fixing the problems.

Simple Fix, as long as the Alarm is the factory installed option. And almost as simple if it is not.

Take your VIN # and Registratino to any dealer, they will give you a key code. Take that to any locksmith and have a whole new set of keys made for around 5 bucks. The locksmith never has to even see your car. For the alarm - order one from the dealership at the same time you get the key code. If it is aftermarket, then fin the fuse in the engine bay and diable it, then find the brain unit, get the Manufacturer, Serial # and model off of it, and then take it in to a car audio center -they should be able to hook you up.

The fuse is usually near the battery- in ours check right behind the Passenger headlight. As for the brain unit, find the horn and back track wires until you get to a black box. The Fuse might even be on one of the sides of the brain unit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
ozyran said:
Welcome! You've joined one of the best reference sites for Dodge Intrepids. If anyone can help you out, it's the lurkers and dwellers of this forum. Good luck and congrats on the first car - good choice for one I must say.

Hey I resemble that remark..

Howdy new comer.
To fix the problem, just find the horn and remove it :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome to the site. Indulge and enjoy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts