DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up two bottles of anti-foam for my sisters car and they were diferent. They had these rubbery looking caps under the plastic caps. I thought they were squirters so the first bottle i Put the end in the dipstick tube and squeezed, bottle empty. Pull bottle back out only to find the little rubber thing gone.

So it went down inside the dipstick tube, am i going to have to pull the pan or will it be okay untill next fluid change?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
hmm, that does not sound very good. I do not think it will be a thing of the pan, it may be stuck. I hope you have not started the car, try and avoid this for now, IM not sure where the trans fluid first goes, I do not think its straight into the pan, so on its return into the pan it will get stuck before the filter, if your lucky, hopefuly it does not end up somewhere inside the tranny.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
don't drive it anywhere. this happened to me. i was lucky enough that the little thing floated down to the bottom of the sump and i got it out by just dropping the pan and refilling. if it gets stuck elsewhere you're gonna have to start pulling valve bodies and other **** to reach it :(

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Doesn't sound good... it could certainly damage the tranny if it gets caught somewhere. whatever you do, find it!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
did you try pulling it out with a coat hanger?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
If it ain't broke then best to not fix it... runs through my mind.... good luck I agree with the rest you really need to get that out of there or cross your fingers and hope for the best... of course always never admitting that you did anything wrong :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
If it's stuck you could blow it out with a compressor

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
take a look at the filler tube. there's nothing to stop that little thing from going down into the sump. if you start poking around with a coat hangar you will do some REAL damage. tow it to wherever you want or drop the pan yourself and pray that it comes out in the wash.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
You could always do what every redblooded American is entitled to, which is call the dealer up, tell them that they sold you a faulty bottle and that they have to deal with it or you're going to take them to court and take them for everything they have.

But then again, you're Canadian!!! :baaa:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts