DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i would also like to know...i might get a neon underglow kit too. Blkbute has a kit, i know its on a 2nd gen but he might have an idea of where to put them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got the smae purple underglow. Here the link

Monty's Underglow

The second row of pics is what I think your talking about. Its the lip thats a little farther under the car. That way the bulbs don't show when your driving around. I guess there really annoying if you can see the bulb if your an oncoming car. Be warned I have been pulled over for having them on. But wasn't given a ticket. Its basically a reason they can pull you over to check for DWI and other such things.

BlkBute 'glow shines out alot farther from the sides of the car than mine, not sure really why, He may have place his differently or could be because I also have the Intrax drop in the car so it doesn't give the light the distance to spread out from the car.

Any other questions, i'll can try to help

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
the pics are a bit over exposed. you should tuck them in like dodge4life did, it looks great when you cannot see the tubes, Intrepid has a large enough lip to hide it, even when you get on your knees. underglow is great, but can damage. Wutang I hear had problems with some tubes breaking. I watch the way I drive so they will not crack.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Couldn't find anyplace real appealing for the back tube. So they are drilled and placed right to the underside of the bumper. Just hope no one rear ends me, cause you can kiss that bulb goodbye. Oh same placement with the front one too, however its protected by the nose cone, a little bit. Was a do-it-yourself install, so the placement in front and back may not be the brightest idea, but it works and looks nice. Isn't that what counts, anyways?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great! did you use the brackets or heavy duty zip-ties, I like the eaze of using the brackets but I have been told by the street glow forum it is better to use zip ties? Also any problems with the screw hitting anything or coming up through the floor.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i would think zip ties would be better. they would give a little as where brakets are really sturdy so when/if your chassis twists a little you might break a tube cuz there isnt any flex. i might be blowing steam here but thats just what i would think.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
brakets come with the kit. self tapping screws as well. just drill and screw in. real easy, and zip ties to hold the wires up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts