DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their car undercoated by Ziebart or any other undercoater? I am wondering if it makes the interior quieter.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I got the Ziebart, that is the best undercoating you can get. No question about it, I do not remember the warrenty it comes with but from what I can remember its sweet. 5+ years, if someone knows I would love to find out.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
and as for the question about noise, it makes no differance at all.

·
Registered
202 Posts
CiscoKid said:
Has anyone had their car undercoated by Ziebart or any other undercoater? I am wondering if it makes the interior quieter.
IMHO...I think you are wasting your money. Reason being...cars rusting through just isn't a problem any more. What is the last "late" model car (that hasn't been in an accident) that you've seen rust on? Noting that you live in Toledo where they salt the road, I can understand your concern. If regularly go to a car wash and spray the underside, I think that will work fine.

HTH.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I was just thinking about underbody protection ONLY. I have heard that it can quiet the interior by absorbing body vibrations. Any extra protection from salt, etc. is just a bonus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
under coating

Yes for a big luxury car it is quite noisy at highway speed.... too bad about the under coating not providing some noise suppression because I agree that cars don't rust anymore even without the undercoating.

Patrick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts