DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need new oxygen sensors. I can get the sensors located before the catalytic converter from my work's normal stock. Here is the problem though:

The rear sensors are a special order item for some reason, and if I special order them, I don't get my discount. I do, however, get a discount on the universal sensors for the back. Is it just as effective to use the universals, or should I spend the extra money to get the OE? Also, how do you go about using universals? Just curious....

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Autozone

If you have the 3.5 OBD-II (96+)

You have two upstream and two downstream:

Upstream OEM (with wiring harness) - 40.99 each
downstream OEM (with wiring harness) - 74.99 each.

Universals are more expensive and need to be spliced onto the old wiring harness...

·
9,861 Posts
Go cheap on the downstreams. They are only for emissions. Just get whatever is the cheapest, and just replace your bad one. Not both.

The upstreams should be OEM or a good brand. They are directly used to correct the fuel curve.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks for the quote RealSynthetics. I would have thought the upstreams would have been more expensive because like hypnos said, "They are directly used to correct the fuel curve." The downstreams are still important but I would think that they wouldn't have to be as precise or accurate as the upstreams and therefore cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts