DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that no one has asked about where or how I got the grille that I put in the car, so, let's hear your guesses.

·
Registered
589 Posts
it looks like its some of that roll out fence that can be used to line gardens and what not... thats a ghetto grille if it is

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Cut a hole in your neighbour's fence? :p

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
grille?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
heh.. kinda looks like the mesh that's put in Flourescent lights to keep the light pointing down instead of everywhere :p that wouldn't bend so well tho i'd think and it'd be a biotch to ceep klean so i dunno. LOOKS GREAT THO!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Archael said:
heh.. kinda looks like the mesh that's put in Flourescent lights to keep the light pointing down instead of everywhere :p that wouldn't bend so well tho i'd think and it'd be a biotch to ceep klean so i dunno. LOOKS GREAT THO!
Congrats, you got it right away. I found a source of "old" chrome plated stainless steel ones used for industrial service. It was a bit of a ***** to cut, but did bend fairly easily - and should last forever - or at least until I come up with something different. I do kind of like it though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Torontofirecaptain said:
Congrats, you got it right away. I found a source of "old" chrome plated stainless steel ones used for industrial service. It was a bit of a ***** to cut, but did bend fairly easily - and should last forever - or at least until I come up with something different. I do kind of like it though.

i deam your car... "Ghetto Grilled"

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trytic said:
i deam your car... "Ghetto Grilled"
No more "Ghetto" than those that use the expanded metal stuff. At least there were several cars from the past that used an "egg crate" grille similar - '56 T birt being one.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hey thanks :) i'd like to thank my grandfather. Without his relentless quest to reuse things from other people I'd never have had any experience with old flourescent lighting and couldn't have achieved the level of awareness i have today. *tear* "thanks Paw-Paw"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts