DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
Joined
·
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since my car is being repaired as we speak...
I figured I would show you guys the next mods I am planning:

My next oil change will be a permanent one...switching to Mobil1 0W40, so I figured I would advertise it:



Now for some show and go on the coils...






What do you guys think??
More are in the works...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
So why the 40 weight oil? I thought that would cause extra drag on the engine, and Mobil 1 doesn't viscosity shear nearly as bad as other oils.

PS: Nice Technics receiver in the pic... is that an SA-AX7xx series? I had an SA-AX530 (baby brother of the AX7xx), replaced with a SA-DA10 a year later for DTS/DD support. :D
 

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
Joined
·
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hardwareguy said:
So why the 40 weight oil? I thought that would cause extra drag on the engine, and Mobil 1 doesn't viscosity shear nearly as bad as other oils.

PS: Nice Technics receiver in the pic... is that an SA-AX7xx series? I had an SA-AX530 (baby brother of the AX7xx), replaced with a SA-DA10 a year later for DTS/DD support. :D
[ESF] = 6.1L SRT Hemi SMPI V-8 Engine

Figure 6.1L-805
ITEM NUMBER QTY ENGINE DESCRIPTION

8 5037 665AA 1 ESF CAP, Oil Filler

Part number from that should be: 5037 665AA



Price = $7.95 + tax
As far as the drag goes...
IIRC, M1 0W40 shears down to a really heavy 30W...which is fine.
Of all the oils I have tested in the motor, it has the best wear characteristics of any of them. Fo what I do with it, I can run it 7500 miles with no issues whatsoever!!

I have had that Technics reciever for 5 years now...
It is great for my computer based MP3 setup!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
hardwareguy said:
Where do I get those Mobil 1 caps? I want one!
i want two, one for each of my cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,600 Posts
I don't know about your 0/40 cap shadow, but Keith's Mobile 1 cap doesn't seem to sit all the way down into the cap hole. Have you test fit it to see if it seats properly in the 3.5L hole?

I like the idea of painting the coils. Per JoeKD, keep us updated on how they retain their glossy look or if they smudge or whatever. I am assuming you and Joe used high temp engine block paint or caliper paint???
 

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
Joined
·
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
04IntrepidSXT said:
I don't know about your 0/40 cap shadow, but Keith's Mobile 1 cap doesn't seem to sit all the way down into the cap hole. Have you test fit it to see if it seats properly in the 3.5L hole?

I like the idea of painting the coils. Per JoeKD, keep us updated on how they retain their glossy look or if they smudge or whatever. I am assuming you and Joe used high temp engine block paint or caliper paint???
I haven't had a chance to test it yet as my car is still being repaired from the wreck. It is prolly the o-ring that is causing the issue.

I will let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,359 Posts
What? Is this Civicnation.net? That cap screams ri...

Ah, whatever, I want one too :D
 

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
Joined
·
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Speed is Power
Joined
·
6,687 Posts
Wow how much does that cap weigh? 14.95 for shipping WOW!!!!! haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,359 Posts

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
Joined
·
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RJ said:
Buddy, chill out. I was joking, hence the smiley, and saying I want one too.

No need to negative rep me.
I didn't....
No worries
Sometimes...the humor of the moment can escape the reader (namely me in this case!!)
 
  • Like
Reactions: RJ

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,359 Posts
shadowvox6 said:
I didn't....
No worries
Sometimes...the humor of the moment can escape the reader (namely me in this case!!)
We all cool then :bigok:
 

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
Joined
·
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RJ said:
We all cool then :bigok:
Yeah...I gave you pos rep too.
It all good!!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top