DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you know, my 2.7 blew up back in June. So I decided that I would enjoy re-entering LH world as an LH owner so thats what I did.

Picked up this little beauty from inthetundra for $300. Needed a transmission, as reverse blew out of it. I had some fun doing neutral drops on the street outside my house with the old tranny lol. Its the absolute base model, just like the old Trep. Doesnt even have power windows or mirrors and it has the blue interior. Without further ado, heres a teaser pic.

I picked up a transmission from a local yard out of a 99 2.7 Corde with 94,000 miles on it for $120. Figured that it would take me a good weekend to pull the one out of my old car, and it wasnt worth the hassle when I could get one with lower miles for that cheap.

mods that are happening while the transmission is oot

-3.89 gears
-2G steering knuckes so I can use the bigger front brakes. Also the ball joints off my 2G
-tie rod end
-poly transmission mount
-2G 16" steelies with hubcaps

mods that are a bit farther down the road:
-rear discs
-2G trailing arms
-bucket seats with floor shifter and A/S
-possibly a paintjob
-ES bumper with fogs, and lower ES cladding

·
Registered
66 Posts
As some of you know, my 2.7 blew up back in June. So I decided that I would enjoy re-entering LH world as an LH owner so thats what I did.

Picked up this little beauty from inthetundra for $300. Needed a transmission, as reverse blew out of it. I had some fun doing neutral drops on the street outside my house with the old tranny lol. Its the absolute base model, just like the old Trep. Doesnt even have power windows or mirrors and it has the blue interior. Without further ado, heres a teaser pic.

mods that are happening while the transmission is oot

-3.89 gears
-2G steering knuckes so I can use the bigger front brakes. Also the ball joints off my 2G
-tie rod end
-poly transmission mount
-2G 16" steelies with hubcaps

mods that are a bit farther down the road:
-rear discs
-2G trailing arms
-bucket seats with floor shifter and A/S
-possibly a paintjob
-ES bumper with fogs, and lower ES cladding

nice get 2g seats from a concorde they are sick and bolt right up.. you have to rig the rear seats in but no one will know lol

·
Registered
587 Posts
You can actually get some really nice slim fogs that fit right into the "grill" area like I did with my old '95.

·
Registered
466 Posts
this is true here in ontario there is bs like that to im pretty sure
I can understand though. Cause I could see some dumbass mounting a ton of lights and distracting everyone. Those 10000k lights are distracting enough...without some of those Ram driving lights that are are about 8'' in diameter mounted on front of a stock maxima because some idiot fancies himself ''badass''.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I've got a full set of ES cladding stashed away, I'm sure it will still be here when you get around to it. Not much call these days..

Looking forward to seeing what you do with her ...and having another 1gen at the meets?

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
I know where there is a 1g trep sitting,, cheep,,,,,,,,, like i need another car,, but,,,, you never know

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Welcome back! And I echo the comment that it is great to see another 1st gen saved from the yard... but you know this means that other yard cars are going to give thier parts to your task... but then again, that is a good thing, because less of the 'good' parts out there just get crushed for scrapping. Yes, Please take pictures of the crank doors, that's wild...

Do you have to do anything special to use second gen knuckles or control arms, etc? I know the rear arms are a direct fit, but I know nothing about the front ends... Details?

That poor trep looks a tad rough on the front end, can't wait to see the steps along the way, and the final project too!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got a full set of ES cladding stashed away, I'm sure it will still be here when you get around to it. Not much call these days..

Looking forward to seeing what you do with her ...and having another 1gen at the meets?
It should hopefully make it to Dans next meet. I wanna get it running and reliable first before I start doing mods.
Welcome back! And I echo the comment that it is great to see another 1st gen saved from the yard... but you know this means that other yard cars are going to give thier parts to your task... but then again, that is a good thing, because less of the 'good' parts out there just get crushed for scrapping. Yes, Please take pictures of the crank doors, that's wild...

Do you have to do anything special to use second gen knuckles or control arms, etc? I know the rear arms are a direct fit, but I know nothing about the front ends... Details?

That poor trep looks a tad rough on the front end, can't wait to see the steps along the way, and the final project too!
Pics will be coming shortly. It will be my motivation to get it running lol

Nothing really is special about doing it, its more of a "take this part off, and put this one on" kinda thing. They are directly bolt on, and Im 99.9999999999% positive the calipers and pads are the same as well. You just need to get brake rotors for any 2G and you can no longer run 15" wheels
Grats ginger.
Can't wait to see what you do with it. If you get it painted are you going with stock white?
Im thinking yes, for now. Id rather do a simple basic cheap color than throw lots of $$$$ at an expensive one if I plan on painting it.
Always wanted the blue interior
I really wish it was leather, or at least had bucket seats lol

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Way to go Kyle! Hubcaps eh? If you liked what I had on my car before the Razors, I got them at Pep Boys. And for the paint, you know you want that Inferno Red. Lol

1 - 20 of 184 Posts