DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p1000x1bd

One of these babies. The one I have was tested by Rockford and actually puts out 1463 watts rms at 1 ohm. Which should be sufficient for the break in of this new woofer. Thing is that the X-15 is rated at 1250 watts rms however I have heard of people putting 2200 watts rms to them no problem, in fact the rep for Sundown is saying that the woofer should be able to utilize a 2500 watt amp as long as an eye is kept on the system.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467571/new-sundown-x-series-drivers-wow

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. Would love to hear and see the specifics of your build. What else are you running in the car?
I actually had my buddy make up the box in autocad, and it should end up being about a 4 cubic foot ported box. Since it is a 15 it just will not slide in through the back seat so I'm going to take some cardboard and build up a mock box to see if I can get it to fit through the trunk opening. Right now the specs are at 17" H X 23.5" W X 24.5" L.

Also got a Pioneer 4400 double din radio stuffed in the dash, no actual fab work has been done yet to make the dash look pretty as all I have done was cut a large enough hole in the face plate and break out one or two of the inner dash supports.

Other than that I got a $30 set of Pyle Speakers and Tweeters to replace the front 6.5"s and left the rear 6x9s alone. That is of course subject to change. lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's alive!!!!!!!! The box barely and I mean barely fit through the trunk opening. The box is tuned to 35 hz and it sounds awesome even though I am only running 750 watts to it. Trunk has some crazy flex so it looks like sound deadener is in my future lol, also a cap and upgraded alternator would probably help too.

Pics will come sometime in the future

Also planning on replacing all the speakers with what seems to be everyones favorite....infinity kappas! Also found a cap and a different amp as well.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally forgot about this thread. My current amp seems to be sufficient for now and I still have to install the cap that I purchased as well as do the big 3 upgrade. Those will probably all be done this spring or sooner if I can fix it up in the detail shop I work in. Also need to mount up the amp which will be done around the same time as the cap.....might also snag a yellow top for this thing

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright so I tried to kick up the power a bit but the amp started clipping so I decided to take action. So I found a new amp, secondary battery, and got a new fuse on order to handle the extra power. Still haven't done the big three yet so that will come sooner than later. In the meantime I turned the amp back down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts