DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what any of you recommend for cleaning the ABS plastic upper manifold with after its removed from the engine. The vehicle is a 2000 300M 3.5L HO aluminum block. I drained about 4-5 oz. of motor oil out of it. I'm sure the PCV valve has failed as the internals shake around and the oil and build up was a lot worse on this side of manifold at the EGR tube connection. Even recommendations for an ultrasonic cleaning would be appreciated. What solvent/s would be best? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hi, built up oil in the upper intake manifold is something that everyone deals with on the H.o. motor due to the PCV ventilating to the intake. Something that people do to remedy this is just put a breather on the PCV or using a catch can. Once you do either of those the oil left over inside the manifold should work it's way through the system unless you want to take it off and clean it using seafoam or something to that effect.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Definetly seafoam... I did it to my 95 3.5 and it runs so much better, I'll probably do it again since its been about 20k since last time it was done. (I get to do the WOT runs now that I have my permit :D )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts