DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the upstream sensor (I assume between the cat converter and the engine) is the one that is bad.

Dealer wants $225 just to put one in. I think this is the easier one to get to, isn't it. How would I replace the upstream sensor?

Also, I thought the 3.5L had 4 sensors, two before the converter (upstream) and two after (downstream), is that correct?

Where is a good place to get them and what brand?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
psal2 said:
I was told that the upstream sensor (I assume between the cat converter and the engine) is the one that is bad.

Dealer wants $225 just to put one in. I think this is the easier one to get to, isn't it. How would I replace the upstream sensor?

Also, I thought the 3.5L had 4 sensors, two before the converter (upstream) and two after (downstream), is that correct?

Where is a good place to get them and what brand?
But them at Autozone (the one here sells them for $39.99 each) Yes you have 4 O2 sensors. 2 up, and 2 down. As far as you replacing them; I have no clue: You have a 1st gen Intrepid.
P.S.
They are relatively easy to change out in my car, so for yours.... it shouldn't be a problem either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upstream is the one between the coverter and the engine, correct?

Did you get OE or Universal?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
psal2 said:
Upstream is the one between the coverter and the engine, correct?

Did you get OE or Universal?
Yes, The upstream 02 sensor is before the cat. converter. (<<~~ Thats how it is for a 2nd gen anyways)
Oh no, my 02 sensors have not fouled on me... yet that is. :crazy:
But at A/Z I did recall seeing BOSCH brand.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Bosch has several numbers. I need to look up the upstream number, something like 35139 or 35311 or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts