DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were up in New Jersey last week, and the car makes some weird noise like a hum, from the front end, with that distinct "airy" reverberation... that sounds like tires, but I wouldn't think that, as they only have 1.5K on them. And I have heard that it could be either wheel bearings or something with the calipers, and this has to be fixed TOMORROW as we leave for another trip (to PA) on Sunday. Please help!!!!! I don't want to be stranded on a trip that I don't want to take, and esp. with other kids with us (scout camp... have to haul scouts and the trailer) The truck is a 2003 Chevrolet Suburban LT 5.3, with 91k MI.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,385 Posts
Probably just the Cruise Control Reservoir leaking.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,385 Posts
Thought your Dad was an ASE certified mechanic? What's he think?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He didn't go with us, and hasn't heard it yet, he's just been notified of it. I'm waiting until tomorrow, to see what the verdict is, and hopefully it is a wheel bearing, so that we can't take the Truck, but have to put a charge of R134A in the trep, and enjoy having a sunroof.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No ABS light, and it is not the ABS, I know what that sounds like from my Trep's ABS woes. Its not a pulsing/grinding noise, its like a hum/buzz that gets louder at lower speeds.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Glad to hear it's ok.
If you're ever traveling through Jersey again, stop into the Clara Barton Service center, I'm a shift manager at the garage there on the 3-11 Shift.

Every tine I catch someone going through there with one of our cars, I give them the URL for here. Can't have to many members.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts