DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i while ago i put a USB adapter card (PCI) into my parents computer so they could use their CF card reader they got with their digital camera. I stuck the card in and Windows 2k installed all the drivers and it all worked fine.

but now when i go to plug the reader in the power light just flashes on for a sec, then goes off. It works fine in my computer, but not theirs. Its weird though, cauz if you pull the USB connector out like half-way the power light stays on and i used to be able to do that to use it, but not even that wont work. It wont recognize anything is there.

Anyone know whats going on here?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, i figured it ou, but have no idea why this was the problem.... first i tried to put the card in a different PCI slot but it was still doing the same thing after that.

Anyway, it does work if you plug the reader directly into the port with out the USB extension cable. But its not a bad cable because i use it all the time on my computer.... **** like this confuses me...:crazy:

·
Registered
471 Posts
What is the overall length with the reader & the USB extension cable? Will it work on another system with the extension cable?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the extension cable is about 4 foot long and works fine on my computer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts