DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody,
guess what "intrepid" means in the dictionary. It means "fearless, not having fear," or something to that effect, cool huh?

·
Registered
415 Posts
yep. One of the Navy's Carrier or Battle ships is named the "Intrepid" I think. I know one of my cousins was stationed on it a few years ago.

·
Dain bramaged
7,212 Posts
Originally posted by Starscream:
yep. One of the Navy's Carrier or Battle ships is named the "Intrepid" I think. I know one of my cousins was stationed on it a few years ago.
i believe its an intrepid class battleship..

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Originally posted by Veeb0rg:
i believe its an intrepid class battleship..
Sorry,
All Battleships were named for states like the USS Arizona. The last USS Intrepid was a WWII carrier and has become the Intrepid Air & Space Museum in New York City.

Charles
Retired after 20 Year Navy Career :)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I know nothing on this subject so I'll take Mathwiz's word for it, after 20 years ya gotta know something! ;) :D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Originally posted by pimped3point3:
I know nothing on this subject so I'll take Mathwiz's word for it, after 20 years ya gotta know something! ;) :D
Hey, pimped3point3, I just realized something. I also have 103,000 miles... but my car is three years newer :( .

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
eek, mine did only have 89K when i bought it in July but i put hellatious amount of miles on since then :rolleyes:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Thanks mathwiz! You beat me to it, but when I read the "guesses" in what/where the Intrepid is, I about choked on my coffee. No offense, but I'm an "old" guy like you .. retired Navy, 21 years. But, I'm only as old as I feel. OK, OK, some days I feel it all!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
if i'm not mistaken, dodge officially unveiled the car on board CV-11. i remember that because it was on the today show and i can hear my dad bitching to this day because he wanted an intrepid and my mom wanted a taurus. she won. taurus died. long story short...i have an intrepid. :D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts