DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit even after looking in DI.NET about using a hose to clean the engine I was still skeptical.

I decided to go for it and sprayed Simple Green with the Foam nozzle on the bottle.

I let it sit for around 2-3 minutes then I hosed it down very thoroughly to get all the Simple Green off of the Engine( I tryed to keep the belts as dry as I could).

As follows, are my Before picture and my After picture.

Let me know if Simple Green was a good choice.

BEFORE, picture Below

AFTER, picture Below

as a reminder to all the people that are going to do what I did (clean your own engine). there are 3 main areas (to me) where water does not drain.
where the 2 bolts are, under the 2.7 logo and 1 above the 2.7 logo.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Simple Green is also Great on Wheel, HubCaps, and Tires.

There is also a new/better scent, LEMON.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pokey2269 said:
is this the same as mean green?
I've heard of mean green but have never seen it.

As for the Original smell, it's a little strong for my taste but works no matter what kind of smell it has.

I bought 2 gallon bottles @ Sams club, it's called Simple Green Xtream Clean.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I use a similar product from Ardex that does the trick. I just hit my engine bay with it yesterday and it's 100x better, but I didn't shine it up yet...

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I use Gunk Orange cleaner, great stuff. After that I blow everything dry with compressed air and spray some wheel shine(the stuff that won't let the brake dust stick) and let it dry for a couple of hrs with the hood open, works like a charm !!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I washed the engine bay because I was going to change my spark plugs and didn't want anything falling in there.

Since my engine bay was really gunky.

As for the Simple Green Automotive, I think it's the same product in a different package to market different type of people. IMO.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I use the degreaser we have at work called red stuff. Its basically the same **** as simple green, both work great, i only use the stuff at work because its free and already in a bottle. You made a good choice with simple green, it cleaned my engine bay to brand new condition when it had never been cleaned before in the cars life time (95 166k miles, michigan weather) so yeah, its good stuff.

·
Registered
240 Posts
do you guys spray this stuff in the whole engine bay or just the engine itself? I just bought some Simple Green today and would like to use it but I want to make sure I do it properly. I know I shouldn't spray it on the belts, is there anything else?

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
OfficerVILLA said:
Simple Green is also Great on Wheel, HubCaps, and Tires.

There is also a new/better scent, LEMON.

:beerchug: I love that stuff on my rims. I don't even have to scrub. Just spray and wash down. I also did my engine bay a couple weeks ago (not like it needed it) and was hesitant but everything is all wiped up clean and purrty. I highly recommend Simple Green :D

Hmmmm maybe I should be their spokesperson lol
:driving:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts