DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, anyone have any suggestions on how to piggy-back something onto the 'trunk open' switch so that my power antenna would go down auto-magically.

The Mustang GT wing on the trunk lid overlaps the fenders some, I'm just thinking about a belts 'n suspenders approach so that I don't rip the power mast off.

After some thinking, I believe that an automotive grade (sealed, operable from -30f to +135f) SPDT relay activated by the trunk courtsey light will do the job. Normal (not energized) position feeds the +12v to the antenna motor. If the trunk light comes on (trunk lid open), the relay clicks in, drops the +12v line, and the antenna comes down.

·
Registered
105 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Ok, anyone have any suggestions on how to piggy-back something onto the 'trunk open' switch so that my power antenna would go down auto-magically.

The Mustang GT wing on the trunk lid overlaps the fenders some, I'm just thinking about a belts 'n suspenders approach so that I don't rip the power mast off.

After some thinking, I believe that an automotive grade (sealed, operable from -30f to +135f) SPDT relay activated by the trunk courtsey light will do the job. Normal (not energized) position feeds the +12v to the antenna motor. If the trunk light comes on (trunk lid open), the relay clicks in, drops the +12v line, and the antenna comes down.[/QUOTE]

NICE idea!

never thought of that in all my years of doing this stuff!

Sounds like you are on the right track. You want the voltage to the remote lead of the ant. to drop out when the trunk is opened, and with a simple bosch/potter brumfield relay, it can be easily done I would think.

30 to the radios ant, turn on lead
87 to the ant.
85 to ground
86 to the trunks 12 volt light, hot side when trunk is open.

At least thats the best i remember! been a while

1 - 2 of 2 Posts