DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Just goes to show ya,

Cops are just people too. Suceptable to all humanities faults.

The guys definatley in the wrong, no disputing that.

But maybe his wife left him that day, maybe he's dealing with PTSD after shooting someone or seeing something horrible on the job, maybe he's just an alcoholic.

Or maybe, just maybe, he had a moment of poor judgement that we are all subject too.

I'd need more details before condemming the guy. That's why they have investigations. To find out why.

He will probably pay for his mistake with his career.

BJ

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Just for the record, I didn't think you were "bashing" anyone.

lt.almond said:
I do think that he made some poor judgements, most of all drinking in a patrol car and wrecking my tax dollars into the barrier.
no arguement there. Except I would say he exhibited gross negligence instead of poor judgement. There may be a reason why he was intoxicated on the job, but there can be no excuse for it. My job dictates that I cannot consume alcohol 12 hrs before going "on shift". I've had allot of crap go on in my life lately, but have never broken this rule. I don't have alot of sympathyfor someonewho carries a loaded weapon (not to mention driving one) while under the influence.
he'll probably loose his job over it.
Sad, but that's life.
Some positions require that you exhibit a "mature" attitude about such things. I guess he didn't.

Cheers

BJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.