DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up guys and gals. The "meet season" is coming to a close soon, before you know it, it will be winter and too damn cold to be standing outside admiring cars. I was thinking about planning a VA meet....a lot of us didn't get to go to Carlisle, etc. and it would just be neat to see fellow Di.net members before it gets too cold.

Somewhere in Richmond/Central Virginia area seems like a good plan. It would give all members a place to go to, and also is not too far for any NC/SC members who MAY want to make the trip (Also for you MD/PAers).

Right now this is basically just a "feeler" thread, want to see how many people are interested before making anything concrete! Don't want a repeat of May where what was supposed to be a 5 person meet end up as Glenn and myself going, "Uh.....where's everybody else?"

Official Information:

The meet will be in the parking lot next to Putt-Putt off Midlothian Turnpike, on September 30th.

Directions:

approaching Richmond from the North

1) Get on I-95 towards Richmond (duh)
2) Take exit 68-Chippenham Parkway (route 150) coming from the North the exit before it is Bells Road, so once you pass the Bells Road exit, get off on the next one.
3) Get off 150 at the Midlothian Turnpike exit (towards Midlothian)
4) The Putt-Putt will be on your left after the 2nd traffic light.

Coming from the South

The directions are the same as North. The only difference is that the previous exit before Chippenham is I-895. When you see a REALLY TALL bridge, you are about to approach the exit.

Coming from Tidewater

1) Get on I-64W towards Richmond.

Now, here is where there are 2 options.

A) Stay on I-64 until it merges with I-95 south. Get on I-95 South and from there the directions will be the same as the North ones.

B) Take I-295 SOUTH (not towards DC), and then take I-895. 895 will eventually become Chippenham Parkway so it's a lot quicker than option A because it doesn't take you north past the meeting area then back south. The only disadvantage is that there is a toll on 895 ($2.25). I will let you guys choose the option. I can still meet up with you guys at the rest area if you'd like. Just let me know what time you'll be there.

·
Registered
14,850 Posts
Sure, I can make it. Let's see if others can join in...

I'll wait to say this later... If this doesn't work out, we'll have a mini-meet at my house. Burgers/Food/Drinks/etc...Sometime at the end of month.

Late!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Count me in ! !
Hey maybe we can even get a look at Dmondeac's dream car !

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now, the plan is to have the meet somewhere in the Richmond area. It's a central location, a place where people from all over VA can come. However, if it appears that more NC/SC members are more interested than northern VA/MD/PA members it could be in Virginia Beach, instead. Right now I just want to see how much interest is in this, and where the interested people are located at before really nailing down a decision on location.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I can be had for a meet in Richmond...... I'm even willing to go out and have a banner made up, similar to the South East crew... Call it Mid-Atlantic.....

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102497650623298574561.00043563025033a561813&ll=33.94336,-56.425781&spn=47.45637,112.236328&z=4&om=1

That should be a google map I made of all the southeast members I could find as of July. There are a bunch of VA members. I am surprised you guys don't have a quarterly meet as close as you all are together.
The map may be missing a few members so don't let your feelings get hurt if you're not on it. I will watch this thread and see who I am missing.

·
Registered
14,850 Posts
Let's throw some dates out and see what's best for everybody.

Next Weekend:
* Saturday Sept 29th or
* Sunday Sept 30th

Following Weekend:
* Saturday Oct 6th or
* Sunday Oct 7th (UUUGGHHH I'll miss the Talladega Race!! :gun2: )

I'm game for any one of the four dates, my favorite is next Sunday Sept 30.

Reggie mentioned a possible location place of 'James River Park'.

Holy smokes, there are many VA people on DI.net.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Next Saturday is out for me. I have the Southeastern Music Games that I must attend. Let me get my schedule, Sunday would work, but let's see. Most Saturdays are filled with Marching Competitions.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Come on Chris....you can miss the Dega race....Chevy dominates that track so neither one of our drivers have a chance in hell!

The 6th to 8th weekend is perfect for me actually. The GF is attending a baby shower, perfect excuse to miss out on all the ovarian atmosphere.

Still want to wait a little while longer before making anything concrete.....may stop by and take pictures of the James River Park if it's going to be in Richmond.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, so it appears that mainly everybody is good for the 29th/30th or the 5th/6th.

Here are some ideas for locations.

Virginia Beach:

1)By the Sportsplex, a VERY big parking lot for plenty of Treps
2)Princess Anne Park
3)Bayside Park (near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel)
4)Pick-n-Pull (a favorite for Chris, David, and myself)

Richmond:
1) James River Park
2) Maymont Park
3) Chesterfield Town Center (Large Parking Lot)
4) Richmond International Raceway

These are all I could come up with for now. Any school could work as well. Thoughts?

·
Registered
714 Posts
There is a speed shop on JeffDavis Hwy just south of Bellwood that had some kind of Mopor get togather a few months ago.
A friend of mine took pictures of his car next to the SR-71 at Byrd airport.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts