DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the process literally, of removing the valve cover of my 2.7l and want to know if there is anything i need to know before starting. I have already unbolted the 8mm bolts for the intake, then am i able to unbolt those whatever their called by the throttle body? They have a metal cover on them and are bolted in by teo 8mm bolts. are these fuel lines? I dont want to blow myself up. Then once ive got the intake off, what do i have to do to remove the valve cover?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Derek_Oregon said:
I am in the process literally, of removing the valve cover of my 2.7l and want to know if there is anything i need to know before starting. I have already unbolted the 8mm bolts for the intake, then am i able to unbolt those whatever their called by the throttle body? They have a metal cover on them and are bolted in by teo 8mm bolts. are these fuel lines? I dont want to blow myself up. Then once ive got the intake off, what do i have to do to remove the valve cover?
Once you have the intake off (8 bolts from top and a bracket on back of the throttle body and wires from sensors and cable linkages)remove the 6 coils on top of valve covers, remove valve cover mounting bolts and covers should come off. And the 2 metal covered lines on the back of the upper intake are the ERG tubes( clean them out while they are off) Also make sure to remove and tighten back the upper intake manifold bolts in the right sequence so you don't warp the plastic intake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts