DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
ill stick to mopar

why cheap transfluid but 30 buck of m0b1L 1 every 3 months?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dealer net is $4.50/qt

Remember that Mopar doesn't make ATF-anything. Fluid is made to their specs, which are backed up by an official SAE/API spec.

As long as 'ATF+4' is made to the SAE/API spec, it doesn't matter if the bottle says Mopar or Valvoline or Velveeta.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I hate to agree here, but he's right. Valvoline's made ATF+3 for years, ran it in my 98 trep's tranny for 35k miles, no problems.

·
9,861 Posts
I bought a bottle a couple weeks ago to top off my trans.

It's a no brainer for cars I wouldn't want to spend the money for the MOPAR counter part for, and much better than using generic +3. But, is it better than the MOPAR stuff? Who knows. Someone needs to try runing a trans full of it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I took notice of the Valvoline ATF +4 two weeks ago at A&A Auto, where I work. A&A has personally phased out all the ATF +3 we carried and the Valvoline bottle says that it is a replacement for ATF +3. Though on Allpar I know there was a little concern over ATF +4 compatibilty with trannys designed for ATF +3 and their seal material.

Should be ok for the first gen 42LE I imagine. I guess several members have been using ATF +4 in their 42LEs for a while.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes you should be ok, there is actually a TSB saying to use ATF+4, of course they said mopar atf+4, but the valvoline should be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts