DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...The recycled stuff in the green jugs.

Has anyone else had horrible luck with this? I had a buy one/get one coupon, so since February, that's what I've run in the car. It's burned off more, and faster, than any other oil I've seen...My PCV valve got blocked up while using this oil (I change the PCV about once a year, and this is the worst I've ever seen it).

I'm just not happy with it. The car runs MUCH better since I changed it with Mobil1.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Its recycled oil. Not too much trust in that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is something wrong with your car....not the re-refined oil.

Over at BITOG many are using this oil without any issues.
Well, I'm not sure what it is. No check engine lites, I've had at least 2 professional mechanics and many more shadetree mechanics look at it, and nothing has come up drastically wrong. All these problems didn't show up until I put the Valvoline into the car...

...Well, except the oil burnoff. Valvoline in general has always burned off a lot more than other brands for me.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
2.7 or 3.5?

There is an issue with some PCV valves. Apparently a bad design is out there that causes the PCV vlave to not operate properly. PEVA has better info on this maybe he will pop in here.

If it's a 2.7 they are known to sludge up pretty bad...

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
It was OEM valves and certain aftermarket ones causing the problem.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2.7 or 3.5?

There is an issue with some PCV valves. Apparently a bad design is out there that causes the PCV vlave to not operate properly. PEVA has better info on this maybe he will pop in here.

If it's a 2.7 they are known to sludge up pretty bad...
Yeah, it's a 2.7. PEVA's the one who turned me onto the idea that it might've been a PCV valve in another thread. The OEM style PCV valves use a weird style of valve on the inside that can clog up and get stuck, which is where all of my issues were coming from.

Having said that, the car ran much better today (driving 50 miles round trip) than it has in MONTHS now that I changed out the Valvoline for some fresh Mobil1...Heated up just fine, no funny smells, steam, or sounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts