DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier about low RPM idling (into the 200's). I was suggested to clean the IAC.

I recently threw on a 3.5L High Output Intake, a new throttle body with all new sensors. and also replaced the spark plugs with new Champions gaped to 0.054 inches.

To be short, I'm still experiencing low RPM's at park and stopped at lights/sign's and the vehicle tends to "shake" lightly as if it's moving to the strokes of the engine. I'm also still getting gurgling from my cool system 5000KM's after doing proper filling bleeding procedures (opening the bleeder valve when filling etc) when parking and turning off the car (will gurgle five to ten minutes after).

These small quirks seem to plague me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I also get a vibration when I am at a light/stop at about 600 rpms... And sometimes a get the gurgle sound too...

Sent from my Nexus S using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Both my 3.5's shake at low RPM's. However, it's only been a few months since my Special started to do it to a point where it was really noticeable. I'm thinking it's something in the top end since on my Intrepid I changed and cleaned everything above the heads with no results.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like your lower intake manifold gaskets are shot which would explain the shaking and the air getting into the coolant system.
You know, connecting the dots, this makes a lot of sense. Since my spark plugs were rather white when I replaced them.

Ironically, I was considering picking up a second one of those manifolds (the one that bridges the heads and has the bleeder valve) and having it port and polished for a little extra kick.

Any suggestions on gasket brands? Any do?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers, I'll pick up a set of gaskets and swap them out.

Notably, the engine was smoother then silk and idled well when first installed into the car, and did not gurgle. Only after a thousand miles did these issues occur.

I haven't looked at the FSM yet, but I would assume pulling the front radiator hose should lower the coolant level enough inside that manifold that it doesn't *gush* out all over the top of my engine and into the head/cylinders?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I would drain the whole coolant system just to make sure as little as possible gets to the valves when you separate the manifold from the heads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts