DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed vent visors on my Intrepid yesterday. Everything was done per the instructions that came with them. I was really impressed with them until this morning when I went outside and the spots where the visors actually connect to the door itself (not the trim) came unattached overnight. The door was wet from a light rain and I think the adhesive strips are ruined. Any ideas on a better way to stick those back to the door without doing any permanent damage to the finish on the car, something that can stand up to the weather better? :mad: :( :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Thats strange. What brand did you get? mine are AVS and they are stuck on like none other. It even rained ont hem within 24 hours of putting them on, and they are on there really good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered them from Advance Auto. I went out to my car just now and now they are stuck on again! I just hope they don't come off again... If they do, would 3M tape be sufficient? It's just the part that connects to the door itself (not the trim)that was giving me trouble. :eek:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Thats where i got mine so they are probly the same brand. i think you can buy the same type of adhesive tape that they use. im not sure where you would get it though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P3P3 Do you have pics of your entire back tailight with the customized tint? I've seen the pics in the show off section but I wanted to see the complete rear of your car. Looks great!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
This is the only pic i have. i dont have one of the whole rear....sorry :(

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: pimped3point3 ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts