DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering getting some of the ventshade thingys to help with the heat in the car while it is parked. You know, leave the windows open a crack and all that...so, does it actually work for that purpose? There was an old thread on this, but it did not answer my question, so....

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It will help with the rain not getting into your car when the window is cracked, as well as the wind while driving withthe window cracked. And your answer yes, it will be a good idea to put a set on, as well,as putting a windshield cover from the inside of the car for the heat against the windshield,especially if you have leather, ;)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It's one of the first things I put on my car. I love having fresh air when it rains plus keeps it fresh while parked.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I have them... and I think they're pretty much useless for "ventilation". If all you do is crack the windows and install a set of ventshades, your car will still be toasty when you get in. Tint would be a better way to prevent UV light from heating up your interior.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I have 35% percent All around my Trep, and Have Tan 300m Leather Installed, and still have my ass burning off the seats!,lol,My Vent Shades do insert air in the cabin, when cracked tho, helps alot bro, maybe its my car(dark color, attracts heat?) I just let the damn A/C run for about 5 minutes with the Remote Start,lol, And Im fine!, lmao!

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
yeah, Im pretty sure a cracked window and a set of vent-shades will only save you like 3 degrees inside the cabin when the car is parked under the sun. If the differnce between 97 and 100 degrees makes that much of a difference to you then spend the 50 bucks and get em...

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I had them on my 01 SE, and they are worth it!!! Keeping the rain out with the window crack a bit to letting in some air when it's parked... Infact i'm looking to buy a set now for my 01 ES b/c i forgot to pull them off my SE when it got wrecked..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts