DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting up on 200,000 km and not even dreaming of replaing my Intrepid for at least another 3-4 years, but some impaired driver made the decision for me apparently. Went to dinner downtown and upon my return the area where I was parked was surrounded by police, fire and ambulance. As I walked closer, said driver in 2009 Cadillac CTS took out 3 parked cars along the road. Treppie got the worst of it, front passenger tire up on the curb! She must have been going a pretty good clip. Insurance estimate was $6300 CAD to fix the car, so written off.

In better days...

The wheel in the foreground belongs to the offending vehicle, which is visible at the top of the frame, a white 2009 Cadillac CTS.

The next day or thereabouts at the tow yard.

From the front, the bloody morning after.

Probably the last time I'll ever see it :(

I don't want a new car, I want my Intrepid! :icon_mad:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Wow, hate to see this happening to any Intrepid, but even more so to an R/T..... Buy it back and either part out or re-build?....

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Sorry to see that happen to anyone. It seems so much worse when it's a drunk that does that, pisses me off to no end. People make mistakes and have accidents but when they drink and drive it's a decision to go out and ruin someones life.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a VERY similar looking car to yours - a red RT - and I can't think of how you must have felt walking back from your dinner to see that. that'll hurt. We never like seeing another member of trep-heaven, especially the RT. Hope all will work out for you.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
I would be telling the insurance company, yours and the offending persons to fix it or find another just like it as it is a limited car so to speak. If you stand your ground and raise enough hell they are going to do it your way!!!!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I would go after the stupid drunk driver. A meat machete is always a good thing to carry around.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
IMO, have HER insurance company replace your car, or repair ALL damages done to yours if it can be salvaged... But it doesn't look TO bad, still salvageable IMO...

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
That will buff right out. LOL

In all seriousness, it is sad to see something like that go, but hey it could be worse. From the photos that you posted and what I have seen, I can raid my local junkyard and get all the parts to repair yours to make it look like it was never wrecked.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts