DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Leftlanenews.com:

Video : Dodge Avenger Concept

Earlier, we told you about the unveiling of the 2007 Dodge Avenger Concept. In addition to the photography you've already seen, Chrysler has released a video of the Avenger with discussion of the development process. Although it's a concept in name, a production version of the Avenger will hit the assembly line in the coming months, and should be nearly identical to this vehicle.

Click Pic To Play Video:

[url=http://leftlanenews.vidiac.com/video/eec51196-b904-4a9a-9e84-984200a2ee92.htm][/URL]

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
mmmmmmmm......yummy.
Don't know why people knock it so much, it's BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Sometimes car dealers make a car that competes against it's own. I see the Avenger taking some sales away from the Charger. Somebody that wants a Charger will probably look at the Avenger and go.... "Hmmmm, the Avenger looks just like a Charger only a little smaller and cheaper". I would.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Very true. Allthough I think the Hemi option gets many peoples votes when looking at new Dodges :p

I find it kind of neat that they named it the Avenger after it's predecesor which also shared things with the Sebring. The old Avengers we're ugly and slow, lets hope this one's got some zip!

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
I am likling this thing....Although i hope it looks just like that concept...but then again i also liked the caliper too when i saw it online with the fully loaded model. then when i saw it on the road, in its most basic form, i didnt like it.

i hope the average model looks great with the styling cues of the R/T version.

Its alot better looking than what the competitors are doing...

my 2 cents

·
Registered
714 Posts
A two-door Charger ?!?!?
Interesting, very, very interesting ! !
I would like to see it in black first but so far I kinda like it ! !

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Well they're resurrecting old names like the Avenger and (gag) Aspen, when is there gonna be another Intrepid! I think it's one of Chryslers better car names. Stupid they got rid of it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
cobra65 said:
Well they're resurrecting old names like the Avenger and (gag) Aspen, when is there gonna be another Intrepid! I think it's one of Chryslers better car names. Stupid they got rid of it.
Any guesses as to what a new Intrepid might look like ?!?!
maybe rear-wheel-drive (all-wheel drive option!), V8 power plant, V6 power plant with a super-charger, factory duel-exhaust . . . .

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Captain said:
Any guesses as to what a new Intrepid might look like ?!?!
maybe rear-wheel-drive (all-wheel drive option!), V8 power plant, V6 power plant with a super-charger, factory duel-exhaust . . . .

You wont see a Chrysler/Dodge with a supercharger, with the new Phoenix V-6's coming out, I highly doubt it.

I am likling this thing....Although i hope it looks just like that concept...
Production version pictures have already been posted in the auto-industry forum.

Im hoping 3.5L!
2.4L 4 speed automatic 40TES
2.7L 4 speed automatic 41TES
3.5L (detuned from 250 horses) 6 speed automatic 62TE (slated for minivan use in 2008 also with the 4.0L.

I see the Avenger taking some sales away from the Charger.
How? The Stratus never took away sales from the Intrepid. Two totally different cars. Just because it shares styling cues with it's sibiling doesn't mean it's in the same market.

The Concept car is an export version and looks to either have the VW Diesel (see the CRD badge?), 5 speed manual or 6 speed Asin model....too bad US bound versions don't get a 5 speed and the 3.5L......

·
Registered
699 Posts
hm I like the old styling better, the newer ones look too much like every other car dodge makes now, they kinda used to stand apart

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
RJ said:
Are you sure it's detuned and not simply as a result of the new SAE ratings?

No because the same motor makes 250 horses in LX cars. (Not hard to fathom that the same engine is rated differently in its applications)

Oddly enough it's been dropped as the standard engine on the Pacifica (again, went away as standard then came back) and the 4.0 is the top replacement.

·
Registered
714 Posts
thanx Dakotaquadsport, just mark that down as wishful think n my part !

·
Registered
714 Posts
thanx Dakotaquadsport, just mark that down as wishful think n my part !
Not to get off track here but I was wondering about the Intrepids that were sent over-seas, what were thier performance specs, were they the same as the ones sold in Canada.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts