DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was in the DI.net chat this evening with Si and corey and others and my screen freezes. odd, i think to myself. so i restart and nothing happened. i took the card out and cleaned the leads off and reinstalled, but no dice. we then threw an old 16mb creative in the slot and it fired right up...what a pile of ****. anyway, this has given me a great excuse to get a PNY geForce3 Ti200 . you know what they say about clouds and silver linings...well it's true - at least until you get the credit card bill.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I just picked up a VisionTek Geforce 3 a little under 2 weeks ago, it's nice, it's fast, but I guess I was expecting much more from upgrading my Geforce 256 DDR. while I don't feel the upgrade was worth it for me in my case, i'm sure it'll be a world of difference for you.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Hey Thrasher...

How fast is your computer? See, you could have the greatest and fastest video card out there, but if your computer can't keep up (thus your computer is the bottle neck and not your video card) than you won't see the full potention of the video card.

Just a thought. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
The GeForce3 cards smoke everything that is out there, but as you've said, if you already have a Geforce2 (not the MX) you won't notice a huge difference until games start supporting some of the extra features on the GeForce3.

I've got to tell you though...Max Payne running on a GeForce3 equipped Athlon 1.4Ghz machine is a thing of beauty. :eek: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts