DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My replacement to my totaled 02 DSB Special was a 04 Brilliant Black Special.

Details:

• 300M Special
  • 2-tone interior
  • Special suspension (no standard suspension/special 03/04 mix)
  • Standard Special options with RB1/Sirius/6-disk changer
  • 1-owner
  • SRS airbags
Interior Modifications

• Real wood steering wheel and trim
  • Chrome shifter
  • Black sun visor inserts
  • Infinity window grilles
  • DS console lid
  • DS shifter bezel
  • Chrome switches
  • DS cupholders
  • Painted OSH
Exterior Modifications:
  • Removed 'Chrysler' font from rear
To do list:

• DS seatbelts
  • DS rear vent cover
  • DS rear cupholder
  • DS 01 doorlocks with red triangle
  • Proam seats
  • Spoiler
  • 20's
  • Tint
----

I want to first thank everyone from DI, LHf, and the 300m boards. You all have provided great inspiration for my mods, as well as providing guidance by being a great source of knowledge. Without you guys I wouldn't be able to get the parts I needed and the help that's required to install everything. I appreciate your time answering my questions, helping me get parts, and answering my PMs.

I want to specifically thank Ryan and Scott, who have provided countless hours of additional help. I'm sure I bugged them more than once, but they were always polite, helpful, and informative. Both helped me get parts in the condition I've been looking for, and I'm very grateful for everything they've done.

Without further ado, my Special:

----

3/26/12 - Chicago Meet

----

3/30/12 - Installed chrome switches, DS cupholder, and painted OSH handles

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,480 Posts
Awesome find dude! Congrats :D

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
a thing of beauty

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sharp looking car!
Awesome find dude! Congrats
a thing of beauty
sweet ride it looks very nice love the color combo and it's super clean
----

Thanks everyone!

It definitely is very clean, and I've been very happy so far.

The difference between this one and the 02 is night and day. While it had 2x more mileage, the 02 seemed like the prior owner didn't care for it. This car, however, feels incredibly solid and well taken care of.

Had it checked out by my mechanic, no issues. It's just the little things too, like the alignment being absolutely center, the engine feeling a lot more alive, etc. that makes it feel a lot more solid.

Interestingly, having gone from the 02 PCM to the 04, I can tell you I much prefer the 04. The cleaner/smoother shifts are much more up my alley.

----

Very nice car, I'm jealous. I want a black or blue one
I know it's heresy to the LH community, but I much prefer the brilliant black over the DSB.

Thanks!

---

Gorgeous! Gotta love the interior combo!
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

That being said, interior mods are already being done..

----

Looks great. I'll see you around Cary sometime.
Thanks!

Let me know if you'd like to meet up sometime. Would love to see your Special again.

----

Vilgent great find... where you at in Chicago ?
Crystal Lake when I'm back home.

I'm down at U of I in Urbana-Champaign for school, though.

I come back on a regular basis.

----

Needs mods. Like a spacer :D
lol little salesman you are :baller:

That being said, it's seen its fair share of mods already..

----

Unfortunately, the dealer pics died and I forgot to save them :whistle:

While I could upload new photos...I'm going to wait until next week when my interior projects are all finished.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I gotta agree with you when it comes to the PCM being more user friendly(If you can call it that) in the newer cars. I put an '02 PCM in my '03 and the shifts firmed up a lot. I'm still not sure if I want to keep it in there or not.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I gotta agree with you when it comes to the PCM being more user friendly(If you can call it that) in the newer cars. I put an '02 PCM in my '03 and the shifts firmed up a lot. I'm still not sure if I want to keep it in there or not.
Definitely.

My thing is this isn't some 500HP touring car, it's a V6 family sedan with some luxury options. I want that car to shift smooth and relaxed when I'm driving it, and then be able to corner hard when I want it to.

The issue I had with the 02 PCM is it just feels like the wrong car for how harsh those shifts become. Compare that to my 04 where it's hard to tell when it's shifting because it just glides through the gears.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts